Medical Front Desk
Anchorage, AK 99507 US
OPTI STAFFING GROUP IS HIRING!
Job Title: Medical Front Desk Receptionist
Location: South Anchorage
Schedule: Four 10-hour shifts per week and rotational Saturdays
We are seeking a friendly and organized Medical Front Desk Receptionist to join our team at a busy family medicine clinic. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring smooth patient flow by greeting patients, checking them in, verifying insurance information, and scheduling appointments. This position will require excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Greet patients and visitors in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Verify patient demographic and insurance information accurately
- Schedule appointments and maintain appointment schedule for providers
- Answer and route incoming calls to appropriate department or staff member
- Collect co-pays and balances and process payments accurately
- Obtain pre-authorizations and referrals from insurance companies
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with HIPAA regulations
- Monitor and maintain inventory of front office supplies and forms
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a medical front office setting preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software quickly
- Familiarity with medical terminology and insurance verification preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours, including Saturdays on a rotational basis
Or, send your resume to email@example.com or call 907-222-7009 and we’ll set up a time to meet!
Meet Your Recruiter
I was born and raised in Alaska and am a mom to 1. We love camping and anything to do with water! I am closing in on my 1-year anniversary with Opti where I started as a receptionist and was promoted to Executive recruiter. Finding candidates their most ideal career match while assisting companies to hire the candidates they need has been so fulfilling and I am so thankful to have found a career that allows me to help my community.