Medical Biller I,II,III
3841 Piper St., #T100 Anchorage, AK 99501 US
OPTI STAFFING GROUP IS HIRING
Opening: Medical Billing Specialist
Opti Staffing is the recruiting partner for some of the country’s leading companies—offering hiring solutions you can’t find anywhere else.
We have employment agencies in Seattle, Tacoma, Portland, Anchorage, Lake Oswego, and Vancouver filling the most sought-after job vacancies with the most qualified candidates.
Our recruiters will take the time to get to know you, understand what you’re looking for in a job and then present job opportunities that are a good fit for your skills and experience.
WHO THEY ARE:
A local, fast growing medical office in Anchorage. They pride themselves on a fast and friendly service for their patients as well as continued development for their staff.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtaining any missing information.
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Reviewing accounts for insurance of patient follow-up.
- Researching and appealing denied claims.
- Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Setting up patient payment plans and work collection accounts.
- Updating billing software with rate changes.
- Updating cash spreadsheets, and running collection reports.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
$23.00 - $30.00 Per hour DOE
Full-time schedule Monday-Friday with flexibility as needed
Permanent position offering growth and advancement
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
High school degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
2+ years of medical billing experience
Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
Strong computer skills in data entry, coding, and knowledge of Electronic Medical Record software; Microsoft Office Suite
Accurate and precise attention to detail
Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Goal-oriented, organized team player
Just hit the “Apply” button above and you’re half-way home!
Or, send your resume to [email protected] or call 907-222-7010 and we’ll set up a time to meet!