We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Medical Biller / Financial Counseler
Seattle, Washington 98101
Our Seattle Area client is currently seeking a responsible, self-directed, broadly skilled Office Director. This position has distinct and critical responsibilities in revenue cycle management, strategic business development support, and successful operations.
Revenue Cycle Specialist: The Office Director is responsible for all aspects of revenue cycle management, including payroll support, insurance coding and all aspects of the insurance claims process. He/She will work directly with our patients to help them understand insurance coverage and self-pay packages for fertility diagnostics and treatments. The Office Director will generate regular reports and analyses of the corporation’ s fiscal state, and will review weekly with the founding physician.
Office Management: The Office Director is responsible for the smooth operation of the office, including general procurement, human resource practices and policies, and any necessary regulatory compliance.
Business Development Support: The Office Director is a principal contributor to the healthy growth of the practice. Under the direction of the founding physician, he/she will innovate, research, create and contribute to all aspects of business development and marketing.
• High School Diploma or GED; 4-year degree highly desired
• A proven self-starter with experience managing an office and staff.
• A minimum of 3 years medical billing experience with overall understanding of billing process from start to finish, or ability to quickly master the same
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Log incoming charges/payments/correspondence from clients in Excel
• Become proficient in using our clinic’ s electronic medical record (eIVF)
o E-submit clean claims from eIVF to Availity, the central clearing house to insurance companies
o Log incoming charges/payments/correspondences
o Produce patient bills/account registers
o Download electronic funds transfer from insurance companies and ensure direct entry into eIVF
o Financially clear patients before treatment cycles
o Apply and distribute payments to maintain clean patient ledgers
• Analyze incoming charges/electronic funds transfers from insurance companies; reconcile accounts
• Appeal claims with insurance companies that appear erroneous or disproportionate to the level of service provided within specified timeframes per contract
• Patient collection communication
• Generate and analyze financial reports, report regularly on same
• Provide directly to patient all financial information and counseling, and remain helpful point of contact throughout the patient relationship
• Accounts receivable and payroll support
• Formalize necessary human resources practices and ensure proper use across office
• Compliance with applicable legislation and regulations
• Ensure smooth and professional daily operation of the office
• Contribute ideas and energy to growth of the office, through research, innovation, and strategic thinking
Excel, Word, and Outlook. Proficient in the use of: PC computer, calculator, photocopier, scanner, telephone, and electronic fax machine. Become proficient in our Practice Management Billing Software (eIVF).
This is a critical, hands-on role, functionally equivalent to a “ second in command” position, reporting directly to the Founding Physician. The ideal candidate will have clear, brief and timely communication habits, the ability to anticipate, and an abiding interest in the health and growth of the practice. She/He must be motivated and self-directed, extremely oriented to detail, and committed to positive results.
Teamwork and independent creativity are equally important and valued. Some weekend and non-traditional (evening or extended) hours are expected to support the practice.
Compensation: Annual Salary $50, 000 - $65, 000 - DOE