We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Tigard, OR 97223
Opening: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: SW Portland
Here at Opti we are proud to represent some of the finest locally owned and operated companies in the Portland Metropolitan Area. The current opening is a long term and permanent position with one of those great customers. They are a locally owned and operated OEM who specializes in manufacturing automated capital equipment. They pride themselves on offering a friendly and family-oriented environment. This is a company that allows you to truly make an impact by empowering you to help in multiple areas. My customer wants your ideas and input. You can expect great comradery, potlucks, barbecues and other team building activities. They need a team player who wants to help their peers while positively impacting the company’ s vision.
What You’ ll Do:
You will be responsible for analyzing customer requirements with sound engineering practices; prepare designs and detailed drawings to meet customer requirements; size and source components and develop BOMs; organize and lead peer design reviews; modify customer supplied drawings as directed by Supervisor using Solidworks; assist project management in providing timely customer quotations; conduct pre and post-sale scope analysis; and more.
What’ s In It For You:
- Pay is DOE
- Paid Vacation and PTO
- Ongoing Professional Development
- The opportunity to work in a true team setting
- The flexibility that comes with working for a family-oriented company
- Access to the senior team (Need something or don’ t like/have a better idea, just say so)
- Work with a team that values your opinion and actually wants to hear it
- Barbecues and cook offs
What you Need to Have:
- Experience in industrial and semiconductor equipment and machinery design and manufacturing
- Solidworks part and assembly modeling and drawing experience
- Knowledge of designing machined parts, plastic materials
- Knowledge of chemical/fluid plumbing systems and assemblies
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum 6 years’ relevant design work experience
- Chemical delivery system design experience
- Basic computer knowledge including MS Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings and tolerance
- Experience with Bill of Materials (BOM) and CAD drawings
- Experience with manufacturing programs such as MRP or ERP
What’ s next?
Send in your resume or call Kerissa at 971-246-8423 to schedule a time to chat!