We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
1170 Andover Park W Tukwila, WA 98188-3900
Position Purpose: Lead the material procurement, inventory and shipping/receiving departments. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining vendor relationships and contracts to insure materials are received at competitive prices on time. Position also has responsibility to continually improve the inventory accuracy and negotiation for the inbound/outbound freight carriers
Background: AeroGo Inc. is a world leader in the manufacturering of innovative equipment for moving heavy loads on cushions of air. The company, privately owned, was founded in 1967 and sells throughout the world from its Seattle location. Our fifty plus employees have developed the best service and quality standards in the industry, and provide an excellent base for significant growth into the future. The success of the company is focussed on growing both its standard products and custom products.
- Develop/maintain vendor relationships to support low cost, high quality, on time delivery of product
- Insure adequate inventories are improved and maintained to support production demand
- Develop lead times and assist in developing cost estimates for new product opportunities.
- Develop excellent communications with sales, QA and production to insure all needs and opportunities are being achieved
- Advise on price change impacts to Aerogo products
- Ensure Production Control is aware of any component shortages impacting production
- Create and/or update operation procedures
- Maintain and update vendor approval list
- Supplier selection – identify optimal vendors based on parts needed
- Supervise building maintenance improvements and repairs
- Assist Operations Manager with continuous/process improvements
- Experience with purchasing, inventory and shipping/receiving
- Ability to read blue prints and understand bill of materials
- Experience with automated inventory systems
- Experience using Project control software
- Excellent Excel skills
- Lean manufacturing preferred
- Ability to lead an improvement culture
- Outstanding inter personal skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- High School diploma