5802 S. 228TH ST. Kent, WA 98032 US
Opening: MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
City: KENT, WA
WHO THEY ARE:
Since 1946 we have provided global repair and overhaul services to regional aircraft, as well as many of the world’s military operators of large transport propeller aircraft. Today we are respected worldwide as an industry leader among customers and competitors alike. Clients throughout the world count on us because they receive superior expertise, honest scheduling, and unsurpassed reliability in propeller support.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Provide engineering support and project direction to the operations team through a variety of engineering projects with overall ownership of the final design, development, verification, and validation of all our engineering projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include some or all of the following: Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Collaborate in Integrated Production Team cross functional environment to design a production system and product that maximize value of the product.
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements.
- Executes key projects, processes and performance reports, data, and analysis. Documents results accordingly.
- Trains peers, shop floor as needed.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Develops and submits proposals to ensure benefits justify planned expenditures. Presents proposals to all levels of organization.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform management of status for each project.
- Working with the Production Supervisor, Production Manager and the Quality Manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
SALARY RANGES from $63K - $90K DOE
Company Matching 401k
Company Contributing Pension
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Life AD & D Benefits
Vacation & Sick Leave
10 Paid Holidays
Bereavement, Jury Duty Leave
Military Reserve Pay
Employee Assistance Program
Employer Results Share
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
TYPICAL PROBLEM SOLVING
Applies common sense understanding to carry out detailed and complicated written or oral instructions. Deals with problems involving many variables in difficult and stressful situations. Examples include resolving complex technical issues, dealing with sometimes irate and impatient persons, and balancing many simultaneous high priority projects and user requests.
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from ABET accredited university in Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial Engineering, or similar; or five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Other education programs such as Manufacturing technology, CNC programming certificates, Machinist training programs etc. will be considered when combined with appropriate work experience.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 1+ years of engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience directly supporting manufacturing or MRO shop floor operations.
• MS Office Suite proficiency
• US Citizenship required per ITAR regulations
The following qualifications are preferred but may not be required:
• Working knowledge of GD&T and competency interpreting blueprints
• Working knowledge of FAA FARS as they apply to Repair Stations and PMA
• Understanding of machining techniques and principles
• Working knowledge of various plating, shot peen, bonding, and metallurgy processes and industry practices
• Experience with tooling design, equipment trouble shooting, and general repair practices
• Experience writing detailed work instructions
• Mastercam or similar CAM software experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The amount of travel will be dependent on the individual and program requirements.
If you’re interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please send your resume to Aaron Logsdon at [email protected] NOW to secure your interview today – we’re looking to schedule interviews as soon as today! Or just give me a call at (206) 535-7306!
Meet Your Recruiter
I’m a husband and just celebrated my 2nd wedding anniversary. I’m a father of 2 boys. MY oldest is 21 and my youngest is 17. I was born and raised in a very small town in Illinois before I joined the US Air Force at 19yrs old where I served 10years working in the Supply/Logistics field before I separated. I’m very personable and outgoing. My hobbies include collecting Vintage Masters Of The Universe, traveling, going to the movies, interior design, and being creative in general. I love to build, refurnish, or repurpose furniture. I’m a huge Harry Potter fan and my house is Gryffindor in case you were wondering. I have been working for Opti since Oct 2021 and love being able to use my passion to help people find jobs and change their lives.