We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
11600 49th Pl W Mukilteo, WA 98275
Do you have buying and manufacturing experience? Are you interested in joining a local full service machine shop specializing in CNC milling and turning of metal and plastic parts for the aerospace, laser and technology industries? Come join a fast-paced, rewarding work environment with room for career growth! Benefits include medical and dental insurance as well as 401K plans and meals.
The Manufacturing Buyer will be responsible for the following: Will represent the company in the acquisition of goods required to assure on-time deliveries and customer satisfaction. The primary objective is to identify and obtain metal and plastic materials, tooling and general company supplies. In accomplishing this, the Buyer will evaluate, and determine the best supplier, value and delivery for those products.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand material requirements from customer drawings
- Interact with machinists to identify best material form for manufacturing
- Order materials and tooling based on manufacturing and engineering requirements
- Find best product for the best price, from reliable vendors
- Assure that the acquisition of all goods will meet the requirements of the contract as well as customer specifications.
- Assist the estimating department in project bidding.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives for department
- Negotiate favorable pricing and long term agreements with vendors
Must have a working knowledge of milling and lathe cutting tools in order to identify tooling and fixturing requirements.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend machining drawings and specifications.
- Will have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Ability to cooperate with team members / leaders.
- Strong “ people” skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer skills; specifically:
MRP software, MS Office (Word, Excel)