We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
309 S. Cloverdale St. Unit B-14 Seattle, WA 98108
The Maintenance Technician will work out of the Cloverdale Office (Georgetown/South Park) and perform a variety of maintenance and janitorial tasks. They will be responsible for turning over tenant spaces, responding to emergencies and performing preventative maintenance.
- Schedules and performs routine preventative maintenance and work orders as directed by Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager.
- Drive to property locations and supply houses as needed.
- Maintain curb appeal and general cleanliness of exterior of properties including walks, patios, walls, garbage enclosures, etc.
- Physically tour property looking for items needing repair, safety hazards and overall condition. Alert Supervisor as needed.
- Knowledge of water and gas meter shut-offs and sewer clean-outs.
- Maintain clean and safe work space, mechanical rooms, electrical rooms.
- Responsible for ordering or coordinating the ordering of parts for properties. Maintaining inventory.
- Preforming duties related with space turnovers in the scheduled time frame.
- Troubleshoot and repair general electrical.
- Troubleshoot and repair plumbing systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair appliances.
- Perform painting, dry wall/plaster repair and carpentry tasks.
- Perform preventative maintenance on and have general knowledge of all tools used in the field.
- Participate in maintenance, fire alarm, safety and training meetings.
- Assist maintenance staff and team members per the direction of Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager.
- Adhere to all safety policies and use of personal safety equipment.
- Administrative duties including organized system for invoices and paperwork processing.
- Participate in the rotate on-call system- cover buildings for emergency calls.
- Meet with vendors and assist as necessary.
- Provide exceptional customer service to community prospects and residents that are encountered daily.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience, training, skills required:
- Minimum of two years of experience in maintenance/janitorial work.
- General knowledge of plumbing, electrical carpentry, HVAC and janitorial.
- Possesses and display a mechanical aptitude. Understanding of blueprints/schematics.
- Utilize good customer service skills when assisting co-workers, tenant inquiries, vendors and others.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and ability to carry out assignments to completion.
- Positive attitude. Dependable, reliable, cooperative.
- Team player with strong work ethic and pride in work.
No formal education required.
Valid Driver License and good driving record.
Drive to property locations as assigned.