We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
19220 64th Ave S. Kent, WA 98032
Plant Maintenance Mechanic
We are a fast-growing specialty beverage manufacturer in Kent, WA, focusing on private label syrups, cocktail mixers and powders. Manufacturing since 1972 the company has over 500 SKUs of products and is looking for a dynamic, energetic and committed plant maintenance mechanic.
Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the plant' s goals and objectives. This position supports a 24 hour, seven day a week manufacturing operation; supports strategic manufacturing operations plan and objectives; provides equipment and industrial engineering, tooling, and maintenance services; maintains records; supports a safe and healthy work environment. Duties include troubleshooting, problem solving, project work, audits, and daily work orders.
Our team is a group of motivated individuals who are dedicated to serving our customers and having our products increase their global reach. We' re moving extremely fast, and every day will offer the chance to learn and grow professionally, contributing directly to the success of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performing preventive maintenance; to include adhering to schedules and verification of completion of production equipment and plant support equipment.
- Responsible for repairing and reporting concerns as it relates to maintaining all plant processing equipment in proper running order; meeting all governmentally mandated criteria necessary to continue plant operations.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality.
- Keeps accurate records of equipment failures and repairs.
- Spare parts inventory.
- Prepare and maintain documentation on operational equipment efficiency.
- Train and instruct production staff about equipment operation, maintenance and repair.
- Maintain work orders.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and chase electrical Problems.
- Ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
- Works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
- Problem solving skills; exercises good judgment in determining best method and procedure to be followed.
- Electrical Skills and Knowledge preferred.
- Computer skills, including but not limited to MS Office Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Five (5) or more years of Maintenance experience in manufacturing environment performing preventative maintenance on heavy equipment preferred.
- AA Degree, or Certificate in Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology, or other related field preferred.
- Electrical and low voltage certifications preferred.
- HVAC certification preferred.
- Forklift certification, or ability to obtain it.
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides the same expertise.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to operate heavy machinery, stand for extended periods, talk or hear, walk, lean, twist stoop, kneel, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to crawl, climb, balance, sit, perform repetitive motions, and enter data on a computer.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate tools and equipment. * The employee is frequently exposed to hazards such as outside weather conditions and loud noise, and occasionally exposed to height/risk of falling, moving or falling parts, and other hazards associated with working with heavy machinery.
- We value our employees, offering medical (base plan 100% paid by company for employees), dental, vision and life insurance and participation in our 401(k) retirement plan (with company match).
- We also offer vacation, holidays and sick days.
Salary: $23-28/hour DOE
- Maintenance Mechanic: 3 years (Required)
- High school (Required)
License or certification:
- Washington State Driver’ s License (Required)
We are an equal opportunity employer.