We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
2300 Nw Nicolai St Portland, OR 97210
The recent growth in the local manufacturing sector has created many new jobs.
We' re looking to fill several machinist positions of all levels.
• Under general supervision, conducts the following:
• Uses established practices to ensure Quality during operation including documentation and techniques.
• Monitors machine performance.
• Performs preventative maintenance as required.
• Performs general set-ups to ensure maximum utilization.
• Mentors and trains Machinist 1.
• Troubleshoot problems under the guidance of Machinist 3.
• Work with Machinist 3 and Process Engineers to improve Cell processes.
• Generally requires 2-4 years CNC equipment operating experience.
• Ability to operate machine tools safely and understand set-up instructions.
• Familiar with basic blueprint reading or ability to acquire blueprint reading skills.
• Familiar with basic Inspection techniques and processes, or ability to learn and understand them.
• Basic knowledge of general manufacturing equipment.
• Ability to follow instructions.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Basic math skills
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to read, understand and complete all documentation.
• General Duties
Create setup forms with tooling details and work-holding plans.
• Create programs to control the operation sequence and cycling of CNC milling and turning centers.
• Program correct operational sequences, tooling changes, machine movements, & cycle speeds.
• Utilize drawings or CAD models to support program development.
• Utilize CAM software to produce programs.
• Support process optimization and machine utilization with updates as necessary.
• Provide input on process decisions and strategies.
• Experience programming using CAM software.
• Experience performing full set-ups, program edits, and holding tolerances as tight as +/- .0001"
• Complete understanding of machine control management, including mastering of all machine code terminology, usage, along with macro programming usage
• Awareness of cutting tool technology, to support application optimization
• Complete understanding and awareness of measurement tool usage
• Complete understanding of work-holding strategies and usage
• Ability to communicate application status both to department team to shop level associates, in terms of application status, issues, and requirements.
• Trouble-shooting skills and ability to think critically.
• Must be able to work independently, but also demonstrate an ability to work productively within the department team.
• Ability to read prints and update paperwork neatly, accurately, and in an organized manner.