We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
6707 Hardeson Road Everett, WA 98203
Machinist Needed for Client in Everett.
Supports machining, deburring, painting activities through preparation, modification and assembly of manufactured components. Embraces and exemplifies the Companies values of FIRST – Focus on the Customer, Innovation, Respect, Social Responsibility & Teamwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig bores, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Supports and sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Seeks out opportunities to learn about all areas of the shop floor and enthusiastically pursues ongoing self-development in leadership and technical skills that will enhance and continually improve products, processes, and people with a Focus on the Customer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or completion of manufacturing-related vocational training.
Certificates and Licenses:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheet and Email software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Ability to draw, analyze and interpret data into graphical representations, such as a bar graph or pie chart.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
This position is in a standard manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical equipment. The noise levels in the work environment are frequently moderate to loud. Safety glasses and safety shoes are required throughout the shop floor and hearing protection is recommended, with the exception of certain manufacturing areas, which require hearing protection at all times.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb/balance/kneel, reach, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, with assistance. The employee may be required to work in loud environments. Employee may be required to wear personal protective equipment for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, focus adjustment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.