Machine Shop Inspector Level 1
15420 SE Piazza Ave Clackamas, OR 97015 US
Machine Shop Inspector Level 1
Location: Clackamas, OR
Compensation: $30/hr-$35/hr, DOE
Hours: Mon-Thu 7am-4:30pm & Friday 7am-11am
Who we are:
We are a Manufacturer of Precision Machined Components. Specializing in close tolerance parts, assemblies, prototyping, and production runs.
What You'll Do:
A successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, measuring, and documenting the characteristic of the products as compared to drawings and customer requirements in process and in final condition to ensure parts meet customer requirements and prevent non-conforming products from shipping to customers.
- Perform dimensional, visual, and functional inspection of parts, components, assemblies, and raw materials; documenting and communicating inspection results.
- Prepare First Part & In Process Inspection reports by utilizing precision handheld measurement equipment, CMM, gauges ect.
- Review acceptance criteria defined by customer documents to ensure appropriate inspection methods and to identify and document any drawing or specification errors.
- Define and deliver responses to customer requests and inquiries related to product quality.
- Execute internal audits to ensure compliance with our procedures and work instructions relating to internal processes and practices.
- Cooperate with manufacturing to prevent non-conforming products and continuously improve processes.
- Create nonconformance reports and corrective actions when needed.
- Responsible for the accountability for ISO 9001-2015 quality system and standards. Train new employees on ISO 9001-2015.
- Set up and monitor Key performance indicators and develop plan for continual improvements and review with management.
- Operate CMM / FARO Laser tracker
What’s in it for You:
- $30/hr-$35/hr, DOE
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k Matching
- PTO, Vacation and Sick time
- Ongoing professional development
- Associate degree in a field related to business and quality control OR 5 years of experience as a quality inspector or equivalent preferred
- Extensive knowledge of inspection and measurement techniques and equipment
- Extensive knowledge of machining and machining processes
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret GD&T
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to run CMM with basic programming experience
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn and use once-trained computer systems, such as the company-ERP system
- Strives to build knowledge and skills continuously; Shares expertise with others
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and/or AS9100 Quality Management Systems preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to traverse the production facility to conduct inspection
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Call Molly today at 503 262-8700 for that next step in your career, or email your resume to [email protected]
Meet Your Recruiter
I have lived in California, Oregon, and Washington, all on the west side of each state. My heart won’t let me be far from the coast 😊 I am a candidate advocate that is changing lives to meet the needs of the new job market and improving work happiness throughout the Upper Left, USA. Everyone is important and everyone has value, and I absolutely love to help people see their value and land jobs they never thought they could. Transferrable skills are like magic!
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”