Machine Operator 2
5713 E Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver, WA 98661 US
The Operator 2 position is responsible for the proper preparation, cleaning loading, inspection and running of parts in 1-4 production machines with moderate supervision. Works from written instructions, work orders, standard programs, and instructions given by the supervisor or lead.
High school diploma or GED Required
1-2 year experience in a machining environment, Machine Technology certificate
Ability to read and comprehend verbal and written instructions in English
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide all units of measure including common and decimal fractions
Familiarity with mechanical drawings/blueprints, including GDT
Vision and depth perception suitable for use of handheld inspection tools
Willingness to wear finger cots, masks, and/or clean-room apparel
Ability to either stand or walk for extended periods of shift
Ability to bend, push, pull, reach, grab, turn, twist, and/or stoop
Ability to grab small parts or hand tools with hands
Ability to lift and/or carry up to 30 lbs. depending on the specific function.
Eligible to work in an ITAR environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the flow of production parts into the assigned machine or process. Work can be highly repetitive but requires attention to machines.
- Unload ceramic and/or other parts may inspect them to remove and record any defective parts.
- Basic computer operation for recording metrics (weight, length, ID, OD, density or counts etc.) Maintain quality tools and accurate record keeping.
- Monitors and documents the operation of the assigned machines including periodic watches every 2 hours; performs minor maintenance and reports major repairs needed, to equipment as required.
- Properly records information on production as instructed including pass down information. Keeps work area clean, safe, and organized.
- Maintains safety and Quality Assurance standards by knowing and applying proper procedures for operating the machines within the department.
- Assists with company 5S program and keeps work area clean or spills.
- Read handheld measuring instruments properly and support less experienced operators in measurement.
- Transport parts to and from machines without damage. Cross train in CMM and other advanced measurement tools.
- Complies with applicable requirements of Kyocera International, Inc. policy, including ISO 9000, ISO 14001, ISO18001, ITAR and any other site-specific regulations.
- Produce precision parts within the time constraints on the work order/ traveler. Support machinists as needed.
- Ability to use G/M codes at the controller to adjust.
If you’re interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please send your resume to [email protected] OR call 360-553-7221 to schedule your interview today.