We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
6811 S. 204th Street #400 Kent, WA 98032
Purpose of Job, Major Responsibilities:
The individual will be responsible for supporting both internal and external customers as directed by their Supervisor or Manager. The MRO Buyer will assume full ownership and responsibility for ensuring that their statement of work is fully supported. The MRO Buyer position is for an individual with moderate purchasing/inventory experience.
Duties will be assigned as deemed necessary by their Supervisor and will include but will not be limited to:
Analyze and react to daily buying tools, forecast and customer demand:
- Review customer purchase orders, customer forecast, buying tools and historical usage
- Obtain RFQ from vendor to support Operations and Warehouse personnel.
- Convert purchase requisitions to purchase orders.
- Utilize the Business Unit ERP to manage standard inventory items
- Analyzing open orders to prioritize shipments when necessary
- Identify potential shortages/surplus and report to Management
- Track and manage orders to ensure that goods or services have been received to satisfy customer’ s needs and expectations
- Inventory related special projects
Vendor Performance & Communications:
- Evaluate Vendor performance based on deliver times, quality of goods and services and customer service.
- Have an understanding of the supply base including contact and general costing information, lead time and capabilities.
- Negotiate with vendors for pricing and performance improvements.
- Review and process return purchase orders.
- Issue Correct Action Requests to encourage essential improvements when negative trends are occurring.
React and support Customers, Management and Warehouse personnel:
- Ensure all purchase orders are placed in a timely manner
- Ensure requests for support are worked and responded to within department guidelines
- Establish relationships with Suppliers and Warehouse personnel.
- Respond to and resolve questions and issues
- Expedite requests, transportation issues, and status requests
Provide proactive status reports to Management communicating:
- Potential issues
- Vendor Performance
- Customer expectations
- Status of workload (backlog, special projects, etc.)
Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Analyze and react to daily buy signals/forecast/customer demand: 40%
- Inventory management: 10%
- Vendor performance and communications: 20%
- React to and support sales/warehouse personnel: 20%
- Provide proactive status reports to Management: 10%
Number of subordinates supervised directly? 0
Control of resources: N/A
Location, Atmosphere, Environment: The MRO Buyer will work in a standard corporate office environment.
Authority: MRO Buyer has the authority as directed by their Supervisor and or Manager to complete the assigned tasks as requested and utilize available resources within the Procurement Department as directed. The buyer will be responsible for a specific dollar sign off authority to be approved by the Procurement Manager. The MRO Buyer position will work with minimal to moderate supervision.
Contacts inside and outside company: The MRO Buyer will be communicating with outside vendors and internal departments as directed by their Supervisor and or Manager. This position will be responsible for representing the Procurement Department internally. This position will have the opportunity to meet with various external business contacts and the company.
Performance Measures: The MRO Buyer’ s job performance will be reviewed in accordance with company guidelines, which requires a yearly review. The job performance will, however, be monitored daily.
Report Preparation: The MRO Buyer is responsible for completing, compiling and analyzing all assigned reports within the allotted time. The buyer will be assigned reports, action items and issues as deemed necessary by their Supervisor and or Manager. These reports will include but are not limited to: Order status reports, project status reports, and supplier evaluations.
Knowledge, Experience, Training: The individual must posses strong analytical, organizational and communication skills. The ability to complete projects as assigned with minimal supervision. The individual must possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
Responsibility for confidential data, trade secrets, etc: The MRO Buyer will have access to approved supplier pricing, periodic supplier reviews and other internal information, which is not to be disclosed without the express written authorization of their Supervisor and or Manager.
Additional information: The individual will assist the Procurement Team, Supervisors and Management staff to meet assigned project timelines. The ability to write reports, business correspondence and communicate effectively is required. The individual must work well in a team environment with minimal supervision. Recommendations for process improvements: Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions through root cause analysis. The individual must have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. The ability to provide exceptional customer service, send and receive emails from internal and external customers and represent company in a professional manner at all times is required. The individual must adhere to company attendance and dress code policy at all times.
Education/certification requirements: A 4-year college degree or 0-2 years of applicable purchasing/inventory experience are required for this position. Special exceptions may be made regarding these requirements dependent on the candidate’ s abilities and skill-set.
Open to the concept of ongoing learning and training: Seminars, workshops and external training, safety, or any other educational classes deemed necessary by management. Tuition reimbursement is offered per current company policy.