MIG Welder - Structural
Sherwood, OR 97140 US
OPTI STAFFING IS HIRING!
Location: Sherwood, Oregon
Compensation: $26+/hr. to start DOE
Hours: Monday – Friday, 5am-3:30pm
PLENTY OF OVERTIME!
Who We Are:
A locally owned and operated company that has been in business for over 90 years is looking to add great welders to their team! They are a manufacturer of heavy equipment for the mining industry. Their products are sold worldwide, and they have a great reputation in the markets they serve. All the product design and fabrication is done in house at their facility on the west side of the Portland metro area.
What You’ll Do:
In this role you will be responsible for welding and fabricating on new equipment as well as helping to repair and fix used customer equipment. This role will require structural dual shield and flux core experience and you must be able to weld in all positions. This is not a production welding role; this is a true fabricator role that will require you to fit and fabricate. You will be working with thick gauge mild steel and need to be creative and solutions oriented.
What’s In It For You:
- A Base pay of $26+ per hour to start, with room to advance.
- Paid Vacation and PTO
- The opportunity to work in a team setting
- The flexibility that comes with working for a family-oriented company
- A 5 10’s schedule Mon-Fri and overtime
- The opportunity to be in an environment where you can truly fabricate and use your full skillset
What you Need to Have:
- Must have 1-3 years of experience as a structural fabricator
- Strong MIG welding skills, dual shield, flux core with thick gauge wire
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must know how to read blueprints and weld symbols
- Your own gear (hood, leathers…Etc.)
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles
- Enjoy a fast-paced setting
Please respond with an updated resume! Call Ricky at 971-246-8432 and/or Kacie at 971-246-8429 to schedule an interview!
Meet Your Recruiter
Administrative Sales Support
My name is Kacie and I have been with Opti for a fun and eventful three months! I recently decided to make a career move after working with kids over the last ten years and I couldn’t be happier that I chose to start that adventure here. I grew up in Southeast Alaska and moved to Oregon in 2013. I love it here because I can be surrounded by nature all the time and the ocean is only a short drive away. I enjoy traveling and spending time with my partner and our chinchilla. They are the highlights of my life, and we spend most of our time together outside of work. Being at Opti has opened so many doors for me and I’m so excited to see what comes next. I have learned so much so quickly and gained beautiful friendships along the way too. I had never worked for a company that celebrated their employees the way that we do here, until now, and I can’t imagine working anywhere else!