We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Lower Level Inspector
Vancouver, Washington 986840818
JOB TITLE QUALITY ENGINEERING INSPECTION TECHNICIAN I
REPORTS TO QUALITY MANAGER
Under general supervision, inspects manufactured and purchased parts to verify conformance to quality standards and product specifications. Troubleshoot a variety of conformances on pumps, motors or components. Insures maintenance of assigned work area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Conducts inspection of in-coming parts to verify conformance to specification requirements using manual, CMM and other QE inspection tools. Helps in Developing and maintaining CMM and other inspection device programs using established inspection methods.
· Creates, revises and maintains entries in the Reject Report Database.
· Prepares and maintains inspection records
· Helps in identifying items for Dock to Stock evaluation.
· Set-up and conducts a variety of tests for product targeted for evaluation utilizing various scientific measuring equipment.
· With an engineer, observes, investigates, analyzes and records findings based upon test data. Conducts and proceeds on work from standard procedures, engineering test specifications, and limited verbal or written instructions.
· Inspects functional gages for calibration as needed.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
· Familiarity with and actively participates in company’ s commitment to ISO 9000 and 14000
· Maintains the quality, condition and cleanliness of all instruments and equipment in the Receiving Inspection department and work area.
· Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
· Performs other duties as directed.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Ability to: lift and carry up to 30 pounds frequently, write by hand and keyboard, operate hand tools and operate measurement devices.
· Ability to communicate by speech and hearing continuously. Communication is by phone, e-mail and in person.
· Visual acuity needed for close detail work, using measurement devices, visual inspection of small defects and parts, and computer use.
· General manufacturing environment. Work area may be subject to undesirable temperatures in winter and summer.
· May be required to handle hazardous substances such as but not limited to cutting oils.
The following qualifications are preferred:
· High School Graduate and associates degree preferred.
· Knowledge of GD&T
· Vertex 220 Vision System experience
· Zeiss Calypso CMM experience
· Calibration system knowledge; familiarity with GAGEtrak a plus
· Small tool calibration experience: Micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, scales, torque, pressure, flow
· Math aptitude (+,-, x,/,%)
· General Microsoft Office application abilities
· Basic quality process auditing knowledge
· Familiarity with ISO 9001 standards