We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Licensed Customs Brokerage Import Supervisor
131 SW 156th St Burien, WA 98166
Our South King County Client is in search of an Export Forwarding Manager with a Freight Forwarding background. This company has held true to its roots of a family atmosphere for decades, yielding a crew with great longevity and happy attitudes. Management Experience in a Freight Forwarding environment will open this great opportunity! You’ ve sat in every seat on the export desk and can accomplish all duties for export forwarding with a collaborative attitude and desire to be part of a team.
- Handles customs and duties especially U.S. related import
- Selection of forwarders and freight tariffs, coordination of freight traffic
- Negotiates forwarding contracts and special parcel services
- Monitors incoming and outgoing shipments and especially inter-company transactions
- Controls freight invoices along with Entry Summaries for import shipments
- Conducts NAFTA preference scheme calculations and agreements
- US Import Control requirements
- Documentation and record keeping for all customs related tasks
- Handles all non-routine customer orders, e.g. export, samples, returns.
- Establish and maintain regular contacts to authorities, forwarders, customs brokerage firms.
- Supervises and trains employees; assigns work to others. Assists as needed to complete the work of the department in addition to daily shipment processing.
- Provides written and oral instructions to direct reports; assigns duties and reviews work for accuracy.
- Stays up-to-date on Customs changes and Company policies and procedures.
- Educates clients about customs regulations, international tariffs, shipping restrictions and insurance requirements. Provides advice to customers regarding overseas shipping, hazardous materials shipments, and certain commodities requirements.
- Coordinates and handles NVOCC transactions, including processing shipments and deliveries from factory to port with outside carriers. Plans and schedules appropriate modes of transportation based on daily needs.
- Ensures all government (U.S. and other) required forms and information is compliant and appropriately provided to relative parties. Classifies shipments, inputs data, and makes corrections and adjustments.
- Maintains courteous, prompt and efficient customer relations; follows up with customers regarding all shipments/deliveries. Analyzes service failures/issues and implements processes to enhance future service delivery.
- Works with Customs and Partner Government Agencies to resolves problems.
Education and Experience
- Three plus years of relevant import and customs brokerage experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous supervisory experience required. Licensed Customs Broker is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook); expert in Excel and Access. Accurate and sufficient data entry skills. Ability to handle a variety of functions in a dynamic, cross-functional environment.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ ve been waiting for, apply today!
Salary DOE & Great Benefits with a 401k Match