Legal Assistant - Litigation
1201 Pacific Ave , #1200 Tacoma, WA 98402-4395 US
Position: Litigation Legal Assistant
WHO THEY ARE:
Serving the legal needs of Puget Sound families and businesses for more than four generations. Our attorneys work with individuals, family businesses, nonprofit organizations, executors, trustees, guardians and beneficiaries in all aspects of estate, trust and probate matters, assisting them plan for inevitable end-of-life-concerns. Our expertise also extends to the full range of elder-law issues. In addition, our firm’s litigators have the skills necessary to successfully represent individuals and organizations embroiled in will contests, disputes over trust language and other estate/trust litigations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Perform a variety of Legal Assistant duties for attorneys to whom assigned and to others as needed.
- Maintains positive contact with clients, attorneys, staff and observes confidentiality of client matters.
- Type correspondence, memorandum, legal and real estate documents.
- Scanning documents into Legal document system
- Word processing
- Drafting and responding
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience in Litigation
- Experience and knowledge of Federal, Appellate, State and Local court rules and procedures, including electronic filings and submissions.
- Ability to coordinate several attorneys’ calendars and work assignments (prioritizing projects).
- Experience and knowledge in arbitration and mediation procedures, trial preparation and exhibits.
- Under attorney supervision, assist with drafting letters, pleadings and real estate documents.
- Document production organization skills, i.e., Bates Stamping, ShareFile, Dropbox.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite
- Experience with Bates Stamping, Sharefile, Dropbox
- Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure
- Effectively proofread and make edits to documents
- Work effectively in team environment as well as independently
- Ability to manage heavy workloads and deadlines
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- $30-$32/hr DOE
- Hybrid- 4 days in the office/1 day working from home (Your first 30 days are in the office for training and getting familiar with the company)
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental Leave
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development
- Gym membership - located across the street from the office
- Jeans and Donuts on Fridays!
- Community service events
- Three days of paid community service!
- Newly Remodeled office overlooking the water
- 22 + Attorneys
- Happy hour once a month - tab is picked up by the company
- Various events throughout the year
- Paid parking
Reach out to Deondra at (253) 284-2409, send your resume over to [email protected] or Amber [email protected] (253) 284-2407 or simply apply below – whichever method is best for you!
Meet Your Recruiter
Hi! My name is Deondra, and I am the new Operations Recruiter here at Opti Staffing. For the past few years or so I have been on the search for a job that will allow me to find true joy and contentment in my hard work and I have finally found it! I love working here at Opti and my coworkers who I get to work alongside are all amazing! If you are looking for your next job opportunity in the operations field, please reach out and I would be more than happy to help you find your dream job!