We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
1910 120th Place SE Suite 202 Everett, WA 98208
LEAD CARPENTER Required in Everett WA
- Customer satisfaction
- Job site supervision, protection, and cleanliness
- Carpentry labor
- Supervision of sub contractors
- Scheduling of inspections
- Maintenance of job site paperwork
- Following the chain of command of the company
The lead carpenter is completely responsible for the successful completion of their assigned project. This includes bring the project in on time, on budget, and maintaining a high level of quality.
- The lead carpenter is the main authority on the specific projects assigned to them.
- The lead carpenter will have the project manager make all change orders and credit memos for their projects.
- The lead carpenter will be responsible for all material ordering, purchasing and pick up on their projects.
- The lead carpenter will be responsible for all company employees on their projects.
- The lead carpenter will be responsible for the overseeing of all sub-contractors on their projects.
- The lead carpenter will be responsible for all needed inspections on their projects.
- The lead carpenter will be responsible for a safe and clean project site.
Directly supervises 1-4 employees in the Production. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’ s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Education and/or Experience
Five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw/interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of BuilderTrend Internet software and BuilderTrend Spreadsheet software.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for at least 8 hours; walk; sit; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to climb and work comfortably off of a 16 foot ladder. The employee must be able to work in a non-level environment for 8 hours. The employee must be able to work comfortable at least 10 feet above ground level.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
JOB DUTIES AND TASK LIST:
You are the on site manager for our construction project. Your performance is extremely important to the success of our company. You are our representative to both the client and the community at large. We get most of our work because of our reputation and you are a very important part of that reputation.
KEY MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- That you will bring all of your projects in on time and on budget 95+ percent of the time, without compromising your quality, or customer satisfaction. This will be based upon the actual vs estimate for each specific project.
- That you will keep a safe project site, and have zero project related injuries because of unsafe work conditions. This will be based on worker injuries as well as spot inspections done by the project manager and the company owners.
- That you will keep your punch list items at the final walk thru to a minimum, (max. of 5) per project. Please remember this comes directly from our bottom line.
- That all project paperwork will be done properly and turned in on time as based upon the office managers specific requirements and recommendations.
- 95% of your assigned projects will have an extremely happy client at the end of the project as measured by the home owner survey.
- All employees will have a 90 day review after the first 90 days of employment to determine if they are compatible with the company standards and employees.
- All lead carpenters will be evaluated for their specific performance for the items mentioned above every April, July, October and January.
- Evaluations done in April, July and October are for performance/goal setting and the evaluations done in January are for performance/goal setting as well as yearly raises (if applicable).
- All lead carpenters will be given a standard industry wage for the first 90 days of their employment.
- After the 90 day review by the company owners, the wage may increase based upon the abilities shown to the project manager and company owners.
Various other duties as assigned.
Monday to Friday - 0800 - 1600
Pay: $26 + DOE