We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Laser Operator - Production Worker
5801 3Rd Ave Seattle, Washington 98108
JOB TITLE: Laser Operator – Production Worker
REPORTS TO: Laser Supervisor
SCHEDULE: Day Shift: Mon – Fri, 6: 00 am – 2: 30 pm
Swing Shift: Mon – Fri, 2: 30 pm – 11: 00 pm
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the daily setup and operation of one or more CNC laser or plasma cutting machines. He/she will also assist other CNC operators with any of their daily duties including area housekeeping, maintenance work, and material staging.
- Perform daily machine startup and shutdown procedures on CNC cutting equipment.
- Stage raw materials at each work-center for the day’ s production.
- Load and unload machines.
- Maintain daily dust collector service and associated logbook in assigned area and report equipment deficiencies.
- Ensure production schedule follow through as allocated by the scheduling department.
- Assist in loading and unloading team members’ machines when production requires additional manpower to maintain throughput.
- Perform minor maintenance and cleaning of cutting equipment and work area in accordance with company standards and manufactures machine recommendations.
- Perform some machine alignment procedures and optic cleaning to keep equipment at peak operating performance.
- Facilitate work-order paper flow in accordance with TS/ISO quality standards.
- Check parts on other cutting centers per TS/ISO standards if required.
- Monitoring assist and resonator gas levels and recommend supply requirements for daily production.
- Other duties assigned by Lead/Supervisor or Management.
- Adherence to attendance policy (regular attendance)
- One or more years experience operating CO2 laser and/or CNC cutting machines.
- Working experience on multiple brands of CNC machines such as Amada, Mazak, Bystronic, or Messer is highly preferred.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Some drawing and reading comprehension skills.
- Ability to inspect flat laser/plasma cut parts with precision inspection equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to read drawings.
- Possess some knowledge of and ability to identify fabrication industry metals.
- Familiarity with sheet metal flat patterns preferred.
- Ability to learn or have some working knowledge of NC machine code.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures.
- Safety conscious behavior.
- Excellent attendance.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, crawl, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work in a 55 – 85 degree Fahrenheit work environment.
- Wear a fit-tested respirator if required.
- Work in a fast paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, hard-hat, steel-toed shoes and other appropriate protective clothing.