We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Land Survey Party Chief
620 7th Ave Kirkland, WA 98033
We are seeking an individual to serve as a Party Chief and to be an integral part of our small firm. This position will work directly under a licensed surveyor and would be a great opportunity for a motivated individual seeking their LSIT or PLS certifications.
Experience or looking for the next career step to grow into a Party Chief, a valid driver’ s license with a good driving record, the ability to perform calculations in the field, and the ability to keep organized and legible field notes when applicable.
Survey Party Chief
well-established civil engineering and surveying firm providing consulting services throughout the Seattle metro area. Our professional services include Civil; Environmental; Land Surveying; Land Planning; Landscape Architecture; and Construction Administration.
Opening for Survey Party Chief Under the direct supervision of a PLS.
General Description: The Survey Party Chief will supervise all members of a survey crew performing construction stakeout and associated preliminary topographic surveys, boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, and construction stakeout for public and private clients.
- Experience in Highway (FDOT & Municipal) stake out.
- Daily coordination with field coordinator, project managers and other office staff.
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
- Work independently as a one-person crew as required.
- Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
- Daily care and charging of survey instrumentation.
- Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in technology and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read construction plans.
- Standard application of surveying techniques and procedures.
- Use of survey equipment, including GPS, Robotic Total Station and Scanners
General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Survey Party Chief. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. Five (5) years or more of Construction layout related experience.
- Highly proficient in mathematics and measurements
- Knowledge of survey ethics and technical standards
- Highly proficient in construction procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to read and organize field notes
- Ability to execute field staking
- Valid driver’ s license
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Managing other surveying field staff work and interface with other disciplines as needed
- Communicate and coordinate efforts and ideas
Opportunities for professional development, strong benefits and compensation packages. We are a firm with extremely knowledgeable professionals who serve as trusted advisors to our clients.