455 3rd Ave. , suite 220 Anchorage, AK 99501 US
Job Title: Laborer/Trash Cleanup Worker
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Job Type: Full-time, year-round position
We are currently seeking hardworking and reliable Laborers/Trash Cleanup Workers to join our team in Fairbanks, Alaska. As a Laborer/Trash Cleanup Worker, you will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of various outdoor areas such as parks, roadsides, and public spaces. You will be responsible for the collection, transportation, and disposal of trash, debris, and other waste materials.
- Collect and transport trash and debris to designated disposal areas.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of public spaces, roadsides, and other outdoor areas.
- Operate equipment such as trucks, compactors, and other tools to perform job duties.
- Sort and separate recyclable materials from non-recyclable waste.
- Follow safety procedures and guidelines to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50 pounds and perform manual labor tasks in all weather conditions.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to operate equipment such as trucks, compactors, and other tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Pay is $17-$23/hr, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Full benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Daytime, no weekend schedule allows for a good work-life balance.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the company.
If you are a hardworking and dedicated individual who enjoys working outdoors and is looking for a stable year-round job with room for growth, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Skilled Trades Recruiter
Hi I’m Sara! I am originally from Puyallup, WA but have lived in Alaska for 6 years! I love the outdoors. Camping, hiking, fishing, and any excuse to gather with friends and family. When I’m not out and about, I am home with my Husband and fur babies binge watching shows on Netflix and Hulu.
I started with Opti Staffing Group in June of 2021. Working here has changed my life! Opti has given me the opportunity to help the people of our community, and that has been the most rewarding outcome of my career thus far. Whether you are a client looking for assistance in finding candidates, or you’re a candidate looking for a new career, you will always have me in your corner.