We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Health and Safety Specialist
3200 Ne Highway 99W Mcminnville, OR 97128-9399
Our Client, who has been awarded one of the World’ s Most Ethical Companies for 2015, 2016 and 2017, is looking for a Health and Safety Specialist!
If the following qualifications describe you, we need to chat!
- Bachelor’ s Degree, preferably in Health and Safety, Environmental, Chemical or Civil Engineering Preferred
- 2-3 years of related experience, including Industrial Hygiene experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Safety & Environmental Compliance/Management
- Knowledge, skills and ability to execute local, state and federal Health and Safety laws
- Effective written and oral communication skills with a culturally diverse environment
- Experience in manufacturing or industrial environment preferred
- Must be able to balance business needs with health and safety requirements in a cost effective manner.
- Must be personally responsible and accountable for achieving performance goals as well of those of a team and have a proven track record on building credible relationships
- Regional travel may be required
- Periodic overtime
- Position may have to respond to urgent situations on off hours and/or weekends and holidays
This fast-paced environment features challenging and rewarding work, strong teamwork and a commitment to providing quality products and excellent customer service. With our client, it’ s not uncommon to see experienced employees, working side-by-side with recent hires who constantly bring new ideas and energy into the Company. This company offers one of the most dynamic work environments in the steel manufacturing industry.
Occasional air and frequent car travel required to visit multiple locations. Exposure to physical operations ranging from office environments to metal recycling yards. Pressure is experienced in decision making concerning application of code requirements versus production requirements.
Compensation begins at 55k – depending upon experience
For more information, please contact Kristy at 503 594 2017 or email [email protected]