Anchorage, AK 99508 US
Job Title: Handyman Helper
Job Type: Full-time, Entry-level
Job Location: Anchorage, AK
Job Summary: Our company is seeking a reliable and hardworking Handyman Helper to assist our team of experienced handymen in performing various repair, maintenance, and installation tasks. The ideal candidate will be someone who is physically fit, possesses basic knowledge of hand and power tools, and is eager to learn new skills.
- Assist handymen in repairing, maintaining, and installing various items such as doors, windows, locks, shelves, light fixtures, etc.
- Clean and prepare work areas, tools, and materials
- Transport tools and materials to and from job sites
- Perform basic tasks such as measuring, cutting, sanding, and painting
- Help with basic plumbing and electrical work
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Communicate with customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Vehicle to get to and from job sites
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tools
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and take direction from experienced handymen
Meet Your Recruiter
Skilled Trades Recruiter
Hi I’m Sara! I am originally from Puyallup, WA but have lived in Alaska for 6 years! I love the outdoors. Camping, hiking, fishing, and any excuse to gather with friends and family. When I’m not out and about, I am home with my Husband and fur babies binge watching shows on Netflix and Hulu.
I started with Opti Staffing Group in June of 2021. Working here has changed my life! Opti has given me the opportunity to help the people of our community, and that has been the most rewarding outcome of my career thus far. Whether you are a client looking for assistance in finding candidates, or you’re a candidate looking for a new career, you will always have me in your corner.