HVAC Technician Foreman
969 S Nebraska Street Seattle, WA 98106-2733 US
Opening: HVAC Foreman
City: Seattle, WA
WHO THEY ARE:
HVAC experts for over 50 years, we are a fast-moving, design-build contractor known for quality, reliability, and innovation. We specialize in HVAC restoration and installations for Aerospace, Manufacturing, Technology, and hi-rise clients.
Work for a company that is just the right size – large enough to take on challenging work with a great team, but small enough so that you won’t get lost in the mix.
Our world-class clients can count on us to do what we say we’ll do. We draw from our experience to work diligently and safely, helping our clients to maximize the life of their mechanical assets. Take a leadership role in the development of our service and field operations. Significant growth opportunities are available for the right person.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Observe and interpret meters and gauges and perform repair of HVAC, refrigeration, and auxiliary equipment.
- Monitor/inspect the facility for electrical/refrigeration/mechanical problems and/or equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain company maintenance records and logs.
- Disassemble, and rig safely, heavy components such as motors, steel beams, and delicate internal pieces.
- Install and align motors, sheeves, and belts on medium to large systems.
- Fabricate steel and sheet metal parts such as replacement plates, stiffening braces, and brackets.
- Repair or replace worn or corroded internal parts.
- Perform piping system basic design, repair, or replacement using PVC, copper, or steel pipes.
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of commercial industrial facility electrical systems.
- Install, repair, and perform maintenance of conduits, low voltage systems, lighting circuits, panel, regulators, emergency power generators, transformers, relays, circuit breakers, switch boxes, and related electrical fixtures and equipment within the facility, per code.
- Maintain company maintenance records and logs.
- $32-48 per hour
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Health savings account
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off (PTO) starting at 2 weeks per year
- Company vehicle
- Typical hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00AM-4:00PM
- Occasional overtime as needed
- Advancement opportunities
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- 3-5 years’ experience, commercial or industrial required (6-8 years preferred).
- Journeyman Electrician EL06 - Low Voltage license required (bonus for 06 Admin).
- Must possess, or be willing to sit for a Washington State electrical administrator license.
- EPA Universal Section 608 Technician Certification required.
- SDCI Journeyman Refrigeration License Class C (Freon and Ammonia) preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s Degree or similar trade school.
- Qualified trade programs and/or field experience.
- Thorough knowledge of refrigeration theory, practices, procedures, equipment, tools, and materials.
- Knowledge of chillers, compressors, evaporators, cooling towers, penthouse AHU’s, heat pumps, refrigerants, two-stage systems, brazing, reclaim/recharge procedures, LOTO, emergency response, EPA, L&I, and SDCI regulations.
- Proficiency with equipment teardowns, installations, and repairs.
- Knowledge of large fan shafts, bearings, motors, and HVAC components.
- Experience with designing systems as it relates to retrofitting existing systems.
- Ability to read and follow blueprints or mechanical drawings provided by the manufacturer or project managers/contractors.
- A basic knowledge of water filtration systems as it relates to cooling tower sweeper systems or water loop filters.
- Understand the National Electrical Code, state and local electric codes, and ordinances.
- Understanding of low voltage devices and control wiring.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory, practices, procedures, equipment, tools, and materials.
- Team oriented leadership style.
- Willing to supervise, mentor, and sign off on electrical trainees’ hours.
- Willingness to travel out of town on projects periodically.
- Must communicate effectively with Project Manager, logs, and task updates.
- Company development - be willing to help the company develop and grow!
If you’re interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please send your resume to Jeff Miller at [email protected] NOW to secure your interview today – we’re looking to schedule interviews as soon as this week! Or just give us a call at (206) 456-3684!
Meet Your Recruiter
I am born and raised in the Seattle area, and have never lived anywhere else. My wife, daughter, and I live in Renton, which is a perfect location for us. We live near all our friends and family, and we love taking advantage of all that the Northwest has to offer. Like the rest of my family, I graduated from the University of Washington, and am a huge Huskies fan. Most of my free time is spent spending time with my family, but besides that, I am a big Mariners and Seahawks fan (Bring back our Sonics!), and I coach high school basketball, which is a passion of mine. I love helping kids develop both on and off the court, and find it very rewarding to see former players as they get older and grow into young adults. Since graduating from college, I have had a number of jobs, but none that I really loved – until I started at Opti. The amazing culture that has been established is what I’ve been looking for. I love being able to help so many people – the satisfaction that comes from making that perfect fit drives me to work every day. I work with the best team, and I love coming to work and learning more each day.