We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
HR & EHS
1205 Prudential Blvd Longview, WA 98632
Foam Manufacturing company seeking a EHS/ H.R. professional ASAP!
Effective delivery of HR policies and procedures, office leadership in customer service A/R, and A/P, as well as environmental health and safety (EHS) services such as accident investigations and prevention, HazCom, Lockout Tagout, Blood born Pathogen, Confined Space Entry, Forklift Certification Training, and other OSHA required training. Assists development, and records compliance, such as, OSHS 300 log, and employee personnel files. Maintains and ensures implementation of corporate policies and programs related to employment EHS, etc. for a plant with approximately 58 employees.
- Works closely with the Regional HR Manager on complex HR issues to find resolution.
- Partner with departments on determining internal customer needs, finding solutions to solve problems successfully.
- Partner with departments with their hourly and nonexempt hiring needs, be liaison for successful posting, vetting, and hiring of new team members.
- Support a variety of employment/ HR activities for the designated program(s).
- Responsible for the HR function between facility, third party administrators, and Corporate office.
- Be the point of contact for managers and employees, as needed regarding employee relations issues.
- Ensure proper training is being accomplished by supervisors, leaders, and managers for their position as well as for managers in executing their duties in HR related matters, such as merit and performance management of hourly and nonexempt employees.
- Ensure execution of corporate HR programs such as benefits enrollment, hourly and nonexempt merit increases, performance management and community service activities
- Work well within a team, assisting to develop effective teamwork
- Manage work to meet deadlines often under tight time frames and assisting team members as and when required.
- Orientation and onboarding of new members of the facility’ s team
- Hires, trains, manages, evaluates, coaches and disciplines assigned associates as appropriate.
- Administers company policies and procedures to ensure audit and legal compliance.
- Monitors and identifies trends in employment related matters, develops and implements appropriate strategies to respond to these trends.
- Coordinate the timely and proper implementation of EHS programs.
- Investigates internal and external employment related complaints relating to your department, and develops appropriate recommendations for resolutions.
- Implement Corporate discipline procedures.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations for your direct reports and collect all hourly and nonexempt ones for proper filing in their personnel file.
- Assist with the implementation of programs and practices to maximize employee retention within your department, e.g., recognition programs.
- Daily plant walkthroughs evaluating safety and environmental issues and logging any necessary issues that need to be addressed.
- Daily outdoor walk-around to look for pollution problems.
- Audit all environmental/safety activities to ensure compliance with regulations, permits, conditions and company policy.
- Assist with the maintaining of the OSHA 300 log.
- Ensure the reporting of all Workers Compensation claims to appropriate carrier and follow-up to ensure employees can return to work as quickly as medically appropriate.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a plant-wide transitional workplace program that includes light-duty positions that will enable employees to effectively return to work with medical restrictions.
- Complete and evaluate accident investigations including all near-miss accidents.
- Conduct, and document, new employee safety training.
- Conduct and evaluate forklift licensing training or administer through a qualified designee to ensure compliance.
- Ensure all containers of chemicals or oils are closed and labeled except when materials are being added or removed from the container.
- Ensure emergency personnel, procedures and contingency plans are updated and implemented as required.
- Ensure inspections are carried out and documented so that it can be produced for an inspector.
- Act as liaison for the site with EHS related federal, state and municipal agencies, however ensure the Regional EHS Manager is the primary contact.
- Review and assist in the preparation of all reports and submissions required by EHS related federal, state and municipal agencies.
- Responsible for ensuring proper accumulation and labeling of all site generated waste. This includes handling and management of hazardous waste.
- Ensure compliance with all plant safety programs.
- Complete Storm Water Inspection form based on storm water inspection.
- Ensure Pour Line Manager (or responsible party) has the Air Emissions summary sheet completed for each preceding month by the 10th of the following month.
- Submit all required documentation to the EHS Regional Manager as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of office leadership experience; previous experience in a manufacturing environment would be preferred.
- Previous experience updating and implementing EHS systems and procedures including all OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of federal, state and municipal laws governing employment and environmental health and safety.
- Ability to motivate staff to enhance productivity, while working with limited resources and time.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle highly confidential and complex matters.