Forklift Service Technician
1200 E 70Th Ave Anchorage, AK 99501 US
Opening: Forklift Service Technician
Location: Anchorage, AK
Come be a part of the leading provider of forklifts and material handling equipment! We take pride in delivering top-notch service and solutions to our clients, ensuring the smooth operation of their forklifts and other equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The basic function of this position will include but is not limited to machine repair and maintenance with an emphasis on quality assurance and overall work standards on the repair floor. This position will also be responsible for disassembly, inspection, reassembly, and testing of forklifts of all sizes.
- Disassemble, clean, and inspect rotating equipment.
- Estimate labor and parts necessary to make repairs.
- Complete required repairs and assemble new equipment.
- Assemble and test repaired rotating equipment.
- Report job status and any quality assurance issues to shop supervisor.
- Examine mechanical equipment and troubleshoot problems including but not limited to: electrical, hydraulics, diesel and gasoline engines
- Replace broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in production/job shop environment
- High level of professionalism with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Understanding of pumps, compressors, blowers, electric motors, and other rotating equipment.
- Understanding of hydraulics and how they operate. Able to read and interpret hydraulic schematics or diagrams.
- Understanding of machine work and part manufacturing as it pertains to pump repair and restoring pump factory clearances.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics or diagrams.
- Use of precision measuring instruments.
- Understanding basic mathematics.
- Organized and highly detail oriented.
Just hit the “Apply" button above and you’re half-way home! Or send your resume to [email protected] or call 907-222-7002 and we’ll set up a time to meet!
Opti Staffing Group is a locally owned and operated full-service staffing agency that boasts continual growth and innovation. We have six offices located throughout the Pacific Northwest in Alaska, Washington, and Oregon. Our focus is on long-term career placement. Opti is the recruiting partner for some of the country’s leading companies—offering hiring solutions you can’t find anywhere else.
Our recruiters will take the time to get to know you, understand what you’re looking for in a job and then present job opportunities that are a good fit for your skills and experience.