5802 S. 228TH ST. Kent, WA 98032 US
Opening: Financial Analyst/Accountant
City: Kent, WA
WHO THEY ARE:
For over 70 years we have been providing global repair and overhaul services to regional aircraft, as well as many of the world’s military operators of large transport aircraft. Today we are respected worldwide as an industry leader among customers and competitors alike. Clients throughout the world count on us because they know they receive superior expertise, honest scheduling, and unsurpassed reliability in support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Financial Analyst/Accountant will support the end-to-end management. Their primary duties encompass generating financial reports, ensuring the upkeep of current reports (including government reports), managing annual budgets and monthly forecasts, projecting cash flows, developing financial models to assess ROI for potential business ventures, analyzing and providing insights on consolidated company finances, carrying out month-end closing tasks, and offering ad hoc assistance when necessary. This position reports to the Controller.
- Build new and maintain existing financial reporting as well as provide ad hoc support as needed.
- Keep current government reports up to date each month as required.
- Maintain the cost reimbursable tracker as required by DCAA for government contracts.
- Update financial forecasts monthly.
- Create and develop models for new business opportunities including ROI and cash flow projections.
- Develop the yearly budget.
- Some month-end closing duties that will be assigned.
- Help in preparing annual audit by Moss Adams.
- Key contributor for any government audit that is required.
- Provide insight and analysis around company financials (actuals, forecast, budget, etc.) for each month.
- Work closely with senior management on special projects and strategic initiatives.
- Learn and understand rules related to the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation)
- Be a part of the team that gives out input and challenges the norms.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- $80,000-102,000 per year to start
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Short term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k with comapny match
- Paid time off/vacation
- 10 company paid holidays
- Bonus program/profit share
- Continued professional development assistance
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong Excel / Technical skills and familiarity with SharePoint
- Government experience a plus
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for learning
- Working knowledge of accounting practices and general finance concepts
- Experience with financial statements and demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Experience building budgets, forecasts, and financial reports
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and deliverables with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
If you’re interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please send your resume to Jeff Miller at [email protected] NOW to secure your interview today – we’re looking to schedule interviews as soon as this week! Or just give us a call at (206) 788-4200!
Meet Your Recruiter
I am born and raised in the Seattle area, and have never lived anywhere else. My wife, daughter, and I live in Renton, which is a perfect location for us. We live near all our friends and family, and we love taking advantage of all that the Northwest has to offer. Like the rest of my family, I graduated from the University of Washington, and am a huge Huskies fan. Most of my free time is spent spending time with my family, but besides that, I am a big Mariners and Seahawks fan (Bring back our Sonics!), and I coach high school basketball, which is a passion of mine. I love helping kids develop both on and off the court, and find it very rewarding to see former players as they get older and grow into young adults. Since graduating from college, I have had a number of jobs, but none that I really loved – until I started at Opti. The amazing culture that has been established is what I’ve been looking for. I love being able to help so many people – the satisfaction that comes from making that perfect fit drives me to work every day. I work with the best team, and I love coming to work and learning more each day.