We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Final Assembly Supervisor
10315 Se Jennifer St Clackamas, OR 97015
Job Title: Final Assembly Supervisor
(Electro-Mechanical Capital Equipment)
Department: Final Assembly
Reports To: Production Manager
The Final Assembly Supervisor is an important member of the team who will be responsible for managing the teams of employees who mechanically and electrically integrate components into finished capital equipment as well as the breakdown and shipping of capital equipment to customer facilities.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with the production schedule for final assembly and shipping.
- Meeting quality and delivery expectations according to customer specifications. Minimizing costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times
- Develop and implement departmental schedules to align with project schedules in order to maximize capacity, optimize resource utilization and increase departmental throughput
- Lead the department in various continuous improvement, quality, and cost reduction initiatives.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximize efficient productivity
- Provide safety, equipment operation and procedural training to staff and ensure adherence to safety policy
- Cross train personnel to maintain constant production during absences, or when work load is expanded
- Work closely with Quality department to identify any quality related issues, and conduct root cause analysis to prevent reoccurrence. Track and reduce rework activities.
- Participate in the development of KPI’ s, and monitor / report department progress towards objectives
- Proactively communicate and coordinate activities with other departments
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing manufacturing team, and consistently promote high standards through personal example. Ensure each member of the team understands the standards and conducts their activities in alignment with these expectations
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with health & safety regulations, the company handbook, quality standards, and all other company policies and procedures
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, team collaboration, and prompt responsiveness to internal and external customer issues.
- Work with continuous improvement team on LEAN projects, flow improvement, etc.
- Work overtime as required to meet scheduled work load
- Maintain clean and organized manufacturing work area
- Other responsibilities as assigned by production manager
Skills & Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years supervisory experience in an electro-mechanical assembly & capital equipment environment
- Strong leadership supervisory skills, organizational, problem solving, and management skills
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines in an efficient, safe and quality manner.
- Ability to read blueprints, engineering fabrication drawings and visualize mechanical applications.
- Ability to use ERP software to track parts & work orders; run reports
- Computer competency in Microsoft office Word, Excel & MRP software
- High degree of mechanical ability. Must be able to learn and perform all functions of final assembly
- Proven forklift and basic rigging background
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to alternate standing and/or sitting positions for extended periods
- Bend, stoop, lean, twist, squat occasionally
- Unrestricted and full range of upper and lower body movements and manual dexterity to move, lift, and grasp products
- Visual acuity to assure quality and accuracy
- Communicate by speech and hearing continuously without difficulty
- General manufacturing environment
- Work area may be subject to undesirable temperatures in winter and summer.
- May be required to handle hazardous substances such as, but not limited to solvents.