Field Service Technician - Kent Location
7373 Se Milwaukie Espressway Portland, OR 97222 US
Opening: Field Service Technician
City: Kent, WA
WHO THEY ARE:
For over 75 years, our customers have entrusted us with their needs, relying on our exceptional service. We have expanded to emerge as one of the largest independently operated material handling and rental enterprises in the country, with over 50 locations spread across over 20 states.
A premier source for material handling and rentals, independently operated and spanning the entire nation. We are your all-encompassing destination from coast to coast.
We prioritize cultivating a culture where people are the focal point of all our endeavors. Our employees make enduring commitments to us, drawn not solely by our esteemed reputation, competitive compensation, or career advancement opportunities, but primarily due to our steadfast commitment to a people-centric ethos. Our fundamental values serve as the foundation of our corporate identity, influencing our work practices, customer interactions, and community support initiatives.
We transcend being merely a workplace; we serve as a platform for our team to nurture a lasting and gratifying career, positioning themselves within the material handling industry's premier organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Repair and maintain electric, diesel, and gasoline industrial trucks and/or construction equipment by performing the following duties:
- Read work order and observe and listen to truck in operation to determine malfunction/diagnose problem(s).
- Offer solutions to meet customer specifications; provide estimates when appropriate.
- Make mechanical repairs to equipment after a complete inspection and analysis of breakdown has been completed.
- Record complete repair description on work order, including correct model and serial number of equipment and record hour meter reading.
- Obtain signature from customer and communicate with customer on repair needs, or work that was completed.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks and make adjustments.
- Lubricate moving parts and drive a repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications.
- Represent the company to customers. Maintain professional image of self and cleanliness (externally and internally) of van at all times.
- Track and schedule with the operations team, or service manager, when a service van is due for routine maintenance or has other service-related issues.
- Work in a manner that protects customers, the company, and the public.
- Return paperwork to field service coordinator daily. Include work orders, fuel receipts, sublet invoices, etc.
- Submit timecards by 9:00AM daily.
- Complete PMs on customer equipment, noting and discussing all repairs.
- Other duties as assigned
- $75,000-$93,000/year to start
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance with subsidized premiums
- 401k with company match
- Great new hire training program plus continuous training
- Profit sharing program per branch
- Quarterly safety bonus per branch
- Company vehicle – you take it home each night
- Tool loan program through payroll deduction to purchase required tools
- We insure your tools
- Annual PPE allowance
- Day schedule plus OT opportunities
- Minimum High school diploma or GED
- At least one year of related experience and/or training.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of internet software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Availability to work overtime and occasional emergency service/call out events in the evenings or on weekends.
- Must have a passion to perform and deliver real results.
- Must have strong character and a drive to be successful.
If you’re interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please send your resume to Jeff Miller at [email protected] NOW to secure your interview today – we’re looking to schedule interviews as soon as this week! Or just give us a call at (206) 456-3684!
Meet Your Recruiter
I am born and raised in the Seattle area, and have never lived anywhere else. My wife, daughter, and I live in Renton, which is a perfect location for us. We live near all our friends and family, and we love taking advantage of all that the Northwest has to offer. Like the rest of my family, I graduated from the University of Washington, and am a huge Huskies fan. Most of my free time is spent spending time with my family, but besides that, I am a big Mariners and Seahawks fan (Bring back our Sonics!), and I coach high school basketball, which is a passion of mine. I love helping kids develop both on and off the court, and find it very rewarding to see former players as they get older and grow into young adults. Since graduating from college, I have had a number of jobs, but none that I really loved – until I started at Opti. The amazing culture that has been established is what I’ve been looking for. I love being able to help so many people – the satisfaction that comes from making that perfect fit drives me to work every day. I work with the best team, and I love coming to work and learning more each day.