5802 S. 228TH ST. Kent, WA 98032 US
Opening: Equipment Engineer
City: Kent, WA
WHO THEY ARE:
For over 70 years we have been providing global repair and overhaul services to regional aircraft, as well as many of the world’s military operators of large transport aircraft. Today we are respected worldwide as an industry leader among customers and competitors alike. Clients throughout the world count on us because they know they receive superior expertise, honest scheduling, and unsurpassed reliability in support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
This role plays a crucial part in our company's expansion efforts by offering equipment assistance and project guidance to the operations team across a range of projects, with full responsibility for the final design, development, verification, validation, and continuous support of all equipment projects within the organization.
- Collaborate in Integrated Production Team cross functional environment to design a production system and product that maximizes value of the product.
- Execute key projects, processes and performance reports, data, and analysis. Documents results accordingly.
- Select correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Serve as Technical Lead and Company POC for installation and maintenance of company equipment.
- Manage initial installation, create and execute test plan for machine to ensure proper function.
- Suggest and develop equipment upgrades to ensure machine functions to customer requirements.
- Analyze equipment malfunctions and failures and develop corrective actions to remedy current issues and prevent future occurrences.
- Develop improvements to enhance equipment reliability and scalability.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures to reduce machine failures.
- Develop and execute audit plan to ensure preventive maintenance is being performed.
- Serve as subject matter expert to develop equipment specifications for next generation projects.
- Maintain documentation for equipment installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures for reference purposes.
- Provide 24-hour on-call support for troubleshooting equipment.
- Perform testing and supply recommendations prior to handing equipment off to production.
- Develop cost reduction initiatives, maintaining quality and productivity.
- Conduct job training for employees as needed.
- Maintain job acumen in emerging technologies to keep company abreast of leading-edge developments.
- $60,000-90,000/year to start, DOE
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off/Vacation
- Continued professional development assistance
- Travel for this position is sporadic, but at times may reach 60% dependent on company needs
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from ABET accredited university in Engineering or similar technical degree; or five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of equipment engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience in a manufacturing and supply chain environment
- 2+ years working with and understanding TPM principals and methods
- Able to work across cultures and departments
- Able to exercise leadership without authority
- Lean Six Sigma green belt or aptitude to be trained and become an effective practitioner
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- US Citizenship required per ITAR regulations
- Experience with machine modifications and integration
- Intimate knowledge of Lean principals and concepts
- Proven experience leading large scale capital projects ($5M and more)
- Project management experience strongly preferred
- Experience writing detailed work instructions
- Experience creating specifications and obtaining quotes on new equipment
- Knowledge of machine guarding techniques and the ability to apply to new and existing techniques
If you’re interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please send your resume to Jeff Miller at [email protected] NOW to secure your interview today – we’re looking to schedule interviews as soon as this week! Or just give us a call at (206) 456-3684!
Meet Your Recruiter
I am born and raised in the Seattle area, and have never lived anywhere else. My wife, daughter, and I live in Renton, which is a perfect location for us. We live near all our friends and family, and we love taking advantage of all that the Northwest has to offer. Like the rest of my family, I graduated from the University of Washington, and am a huge Huskies fan. Most of my free time is spent spending time with my family, but besides that, I am a big Mariners and Seahawks fan (Bring back our Sonics!), and I coach high school basketball, which is a passion of mine. I love helping kids develop both on and off the court, and find it very rewarding to see former players as they get older and grow into young adults. Since graduating from college, I have had a number of jobs, but none that I really loved – until I started at Opti. The amazing culture that has been established is what I’ve been looking for. I love being able to help so many people – the satisfaction that comes from making that perfect fit drives me to work every day. I work with the best team, and I love coming to work and learning more each day.