We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
5930 1St Ave S Seattle, WA 98108
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The basic function of this position will include, but is not limited to, machine repair and maintenance.
- Clean driving record and ability to drive a flatbed truck/forklift
- Geniune interest in mechanical repair and machining
- Able to assemble piping or tubing from a mechanical drawing
- Familiar with painting of industrial equipment using an HVLP gun or pressure pot
- Required: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Able to communicate effectively and complete paperwork to standards.
- Preferred: Associates degree, Technical school, or previous experience with rotating equipment.
One year direct experience in working as a mechanic or millwright or equivalent time in a technical school.
- High enthusiasm, energy, and initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Quality conscious and interested in improvement techniques and teamwork.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
Required job skills include but not limited to:
- Understanding and operation of pumps, gearboxes, compressors, electric motors, and other rotating equipment.
- Able to install/remove bearings and measure and record fits
- Able to determine shaft straightness
- Understanding of hydraulics and how they operate. Able to read and interpret hydraulic schematics or diagrams.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics or diagrams.
- Use of precision measuring instruments.
- Understanding basic mathematics.
- Organized and detail oriented.