We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
457 E 18Th St Tacoma, WA 984211508
A highly successful regional carrier has an immediate need for a Dispatch Supervisor to handle the day to day dispatching responsibilities of the company’ s trucking operations.
Primary duty of the Dispatch Supervisor is to ensure that all customer orders are fulfilled in an efficient and cost effective manner and in full compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations as well as all company policies.
- Assigning drivers to specific customer deliveries ensuring that the correct equipment and drivers are chosen for the work to be accomplished.
- Preparing delivery paperwork ensuring that they are accurate and consistent with customer’ s requirements
- Monitoring timeliness of customer deliveries daily as they happen
- Handling all customer related issues
- Ensuring that all drivers are in full compliance with all government regulations as well as company policies
- Daily review of Drivers available hours left to drive
- Involvement in Driver Safety meetings (2-3 times per year on Saturday mornings)
- Involvement in Drivers Discipline
- Scheduling trailers to wash racks and tractors/trailers to shop for scheduled inspections/service
- Weighing trucks
To be considered, applicant must have 3 to 5 years of transportation experience working as dispatcher, operations specialist or coordinator.
Working knowledge of DOT and CHP regulations required. Some college or equivalent relevant experience preferred.
Applicant must be comfortable using computers and the internet; a self starter requiring only minimal supervision; customer service focused and results oriented.
Applicant must also be able to sell safety and compliance as a way of life to all owner operators/drivers.
Experience with drivers’ log books, DOT & CHP safety requirement. Hazardous materials experience/knowledge is a plus