We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Director of Global Logistics
80 Field Point Road Greenwich, CT 06830
OPTI STAFFING GROUP IS HIRING!
Opening: Director of Logistics
City: Greenwich, CT
Who We Are:
Local and family-like environment that specializes in paper manufacturing.
We manufacture newsprint, high-bright, directory, paperboard and other specialty paper products at our four paper mills. We serve customers throughout North America and across the world
The position of Director – Global Logistics will be responsible for corporate supervision of the planning, contracting and execution of all transportation and distribution operations. The position will work across all transportation modes (truck, rail, ocean) with an emphasis on ocean freight and export logistics. The primary objectives and accountabilities of the role are cost control, operational excellence, on-time and in-full order fulfillment.
What You' ll Do:
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with service providers with a focus on both commercial and operating working relationships
• Establish or monitor specific transportation and distribution performance measurement systems.
• Work with mill operations to structure and maintain and distribution network with optimal transportation modes, routing guides, equipment, service design, etc.
• Negotiate and maintain service contracts for purchased transportation and distribution services
• Manage logistics customer service issues, including effective problem resolution
• Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
What' s in it for you:
Salary Range $120k- $150k DOE
Quarterly bonus opportunities!
Vacation time, Sick time.
Medical, Dental, Vision, insurance.
401k with company match.
What You Need To Have:
· 10+ years of progress experience as a lead logistics manager with a record of successful distribution and logistics management for large industrials.
· Demonstrable ability to attract, retain, train, lead and manage staff.
· [Proficient in standard logistics software.]
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
· College degree required. BS or MS in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain a plus.
· French speaking highly desired.
Call Nicole today at 971-246-8427, or email your resume to [email protected]