We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Director of Engineering
4411 S. Ryan Way Seattle, WA 98178
The Director of Engineering is responsible for directing and growing a team of Engineering staff to achieve accurate and timely completion of engineering projects. The priorities for this position include strategic planning, product design, FAA certification, product support, sustaining initiatives and problem resolution. The Director of Engineering must take an active role in driving innovation initiatives and execute product design to meet company strategic objectives, partner with management and develop systems and controls to ensure compliance with quality standards and FAA requirements.
- Develops and directs procedures and methods to ensure FAA certification requirements are met and maintained
- Provides engineering expertise in the areas of design, drawings, specifications manufacturing, tooling and on-going product support
- Builds and leads the engineering team, coaching, and balancing priorities when allocating resources
- Develops ideas and manages product design for new products from design to certification to manufacturing and product support
- Ensures current and accurate product development costs and forecasting
- Develops and manages yearly engineering budget
- Recommends methods, materials and layouts for improvement based on manufacturing needs
- Establishes overall goals, objectives and initiatives of the Engineering Department that correlate with companies’ strategic long-term goals
- Bachelor’ s degree in engineering
- Master’ s degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years of direct experience in the design, development, build, qualification, test and certification of Part 23 with familiarity of Part 25 aircraft
- 10+ years of experience in leadership roles of increasing responsibility, up to at least a manager level.
- Strong FAA project experience with the ability to multi-task managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong detail orientation and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess ability to work independently as well as function effectively with a team
- Excellent written and oral communications skills