We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Director of Business Development
12413 Willows Rd Kirkland, WA 98034
A Japanese owned Engineering and Manufacturing company is looking for a Business Development Manager for the commercial Aerospace Industry.
This individual will provide market research and enhance customer and/or partner communication. Establish and implement strategies to develop new business for the company. Provide customer communication for all topics except for sales administration and aftermarket. Coordinate new and existing commercial business requirements, collaborating, as required, with customers and internal departments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for developing, cultivating and managing strategic relationships in the commercial aerospace sector.
- Negotiate complex contract terms consistent with company standards and expectations.
- Identify future industry and customer trends and collect information on customer trends and strategy as a result of strong development of customer and/or other aerospace relationships and report as required.
- Strong customer relationship management
- Visit clients to target and win new business with both existing and new customers.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of business plans.
- Drive creative technical solutions with internal resources to maximize efficiencies and ensure competitive bids.
- Provide guidance and support throughout the bid process to ensure manufacturing strategies align with corporate vision and pricing is competitive while meeting internal targets
- Maintain strong customer relationships and communication – intimate knowledge of key programs, timing, applications, technologies, decision-makers.
- Competitor analysis and determine strategic positioning/opportunity, share information internally, maintain company’ s top performer status with Boeing.
- Work closely and effectively with all related team players – Operations, Sales/Marketing
- Manage client relationship map – matching of key client/company executives and coordination of interfaces.
- Submit timely and comprehensive reports and recommendations
- Work closely with engineering and manufacturing.
- Direct internal and external activities related to the management of services and programs.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems.
- Communicate frequently with company executives
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Decision Making.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, International Business or related disciplines.
- Project Management is a plus.
- 6 plus years working in Aerospace Industry.
- 5 plus years of executive level contact with Aerospace customer base.
- Sales leadership experience.
- Established relationships with senior client Supplier Management and Engineering executives preferred
- Strong communications, interpersonal, planning, organizational, negotiation, business acumen, and decision-making skills.
- Must also possess good financial, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- A track record of proven results and solid career progression.
Up to 25-50% within state. Up to 10-15% out of state/country.
This position requires the employee to be in the office when not out conducting business. Home office is not negotiable.
- Windows 8/10 and after, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Must be able read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office environment
The position requires extensive keyboarding and use of a calculator and occasionally reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.