We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Director Of Purchasing - Print Services
135 Nw Park Ave. Portland, Oregon 97209
Director of Purchasing - Print Services Portland / Pittsburgh / Baltimore
Overall Job Summary
The Dir. – Purchasing Print Services will communicate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment, and services used by the company. This position will evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts, and review product quality. The Dir. – Purchasing Print Services is responsible for implementing and enforcing policies, issuing purchase orders, reducing cost and building key supplier relationships.
• Manages the sourcing and purchasing of all direct (product related) and indirect (non-product related) materials and services from a global supply base in coordination with other divisions.
• Defines the targets and the related road maps for the purchasing group to achieve its assigned targets in accordance with division objectives and company objectives.
• Achieves competitive advantage from a total cost perspective including quality, on time delivery, price, lead times, minimum order quantity, inventory and payment terms.
• Assures and promotes an adequate coordination between all remotely located purchasing groups.
• Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies.
• Establishes purchasing policies and ensures compliance.
• Negotiates with vendors for products and services.
• Establishes account/credit terms.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
• Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with federal and local laws.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Responsible for supervising a team of employees.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
• Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Business or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
• Advanced degree (MBA, Master’ s) preferred
• 10+ years progressive purchasing experience required
• 8+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect)
• Shape responses and proposals (brings 5 great insights & 5 great questions to ensure we are positioned to win the work)
• Responsible to build our end to end model to optimize all stakeholder experiences; including consumer, store associates, logistics & client experience (what is the best quality, price & service for consumer, installer, and shipper.)
• Create professional, value added service culture & build competitive team who fights to win every project, every day
• Process an evolved workflows to deliver first best
• Deliver improved tools & systems that automate & deliver first, best & help team to be most available & easiest to work with.
• Brings network of solid relationships & valued print partners
• Periodic travel is required, including the potential for international travel
• High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
• Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
• Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
Our client affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled