We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Design Project Manager
1131 Poplar Place S Seattle, WA 98144
We are seeking a Design Project Manager with local land use and entitlement processes and knowledge of local residential codes and other local regulations. Must be self-directed and curious and must feel a sense of ownership and responsibility toward your work. Working side by side with our construction team, the design team partners throughout the entire process, including interior design, material and fixture selection and construction in a collaborative environment.
The Design Project Manager is responsible for managing internal and external design team members in the production of excellent documents and in obtaining entitlements. The Design Project Manager also is responsible for the design and detailing of their projects and will produce a significant amount of the project documentation themselves with assistance from other design team members.
• 3 to 6 years in an architectural work setting
• 2 years minimum experience designing and documenting single family and/or multi-family residential projects
• Proficient in AutoCAD & SketchUp
• Knowledge of the local Land Use Code and the local entitlement process as it applies to single-family and multi-family residential projects
• Experience working with the Residential Code, Building Code, Energy Code, and other applicable regulations
• Must enjoy producing design and construction documents. Members of the design team are both thinkers and doers who are involved in design decision making and also in documenting those decisions.
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Must be self-directed and curious, and must feel a sense of ownership and responsibility toward your work
• Must work effectively within a collaborative team environment
• Preferred: Experience with MS Project and Revit
• Manage the design process: Manage external consultants and internal team members in the production of high-quality design documents per Company standards
• Manage entitlements: Accountable for obtaining entitlements from regulatory agencies and utilities in a timely way
• Schedule management: Create project schedules and coordinate internal and external resources to obtain entitlements and issue project documents per the project schedule
• Cost control: Accountable for coordinating project design with the project budget
• Document control: Accountable for coordinated information flow between the design team and other Company channels and between the Company and external consultants and regulatory agencies
• Company interface: Provide information to and obtain information from other Company channels, including Acquisitions, Finance, Accounting, Estimating, Construction Project Management, and Sales
• Manage consultants: Obtain proposals and contracts from design consultants, obtain work product from consultants per the project schedule and review consultant invoices
• Manage neighbor and community relationships: Attend community meetings or review community meeting notes, obtain easements and other agreements from neighbors
• Construction resource: Receive and process RFI’ s and other questions during construction
• Project design: Design single-family and multi-family residential structures, including project concept, spatial relationship/layout, site design, exterior concept, and vertical alignment
• Building systems: Accountable for the design and layout of principal building systems, including mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
• Consultant coordination: Review and coordinate the work of external design consultants to ensure a cohesive design
Compensation package includes salary range $65-80k DOE with competitive benefits package company-paid medical, dental, vision & life insurance; 401(k) plan; paid maternity/paternity leave; gym and phone benefits.