We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Design Project Manager
4000 Airport Way S Seattle, WA 98144
The Design Project Manager is responsible for managing internal and external design team members in the production of excellent documents and in obtaining entitlements. The Design Project Manager also is responsible for the design and detailing of their projects and will produce a significant amount of the project documentation themselves with assistance from other design team members.
We are seeking candidates that have experience with local land use and entitlement processes, and knowledge of local residential codes and other local regulations.
- Environmental sustainability is a core element of all our projects.
- We work side by side with our construction team.
- The design team’ s role doesn’ t end at permitting. We are partners throughout the entire process, including interior design, material and fixture selection, and construction.
- We have a collaborative environment with limited ego.
The right candidate:
- 3 to 6 years in an architectural work setting
- 2 years minimum experience designing and documenting single family and/or multi-family residential projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD & SketchUp
- Extensive knowledge of the local Land Use Code and the local entitlement process as it applies to single-family and multi-family residential projects
- Experience working with the local Residential Code, Energy Code, and other applicable regulations
- Must enjoy producing design and construction documents. Members of the design team are both thinkers and doers who are both involved in design decision making and in documenting those decisions.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be self-directed and curious, and must feel a sense of ownership and responsibility toward your work
- Must work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Preferred: experience with Revit
- Preferred: experience with MS Project
This is an exempt, full time position working from our office in either Seattle or Portland. Occasional travel to project sites, local jurisdiction offices and special events may be required.
Annual salary for this position is dependent on experience. Competitive benefits package includes: company-paid medical, dental, vision & life insurance; 401(k) plan; paid maternity/paternity leave; gym and phone benefits.
- Manage the design process: manage external consultants and internal team members in the production of high-quality design documents per client standards
- Manage entitlements: accountable for obtaining entitlements from regulatory agencies and utilities in a timely way
- Schedule management: create project schedules and coordinate internal and external resources to obtain entitlements and issue project documents per the project schedule
- Cost control: accountable for coordinating project design with the project budget
- Document control: accountable for coordinated information flow between the design team and other teams and between client and external consultants and regulatory agencies Client Interface: provide information to and obtain information from other teams, including acquisitions, finance, accounting, estimating, construction project management, and sales
- Manage consultants: obtain proposals and contracts from design consultants, obtain work product from consultants per the project schedule, review consultant invoices
- Manage neighbor / community relationship: attend community meetings or review community meeting notes, obtain easements and other agreements from neighbors
- Construction resource: receive and process RFI’ s and other questions during construction
- Project design: design single-family and multi-family residential structures, including project concept, spatial relationship / layout, site design, exterior concept, and vertical alignment
- Building systems: accountable for the design and layout of principal building systems, including mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Consultant coordination: review and coordinate the work of external design consultants to ensure a cohesive design