Customer Service Rep
2141 Milwaukee Way Tacoma, WA 98421 US
Opening: Customer Service Representative
WHO THEY ARE:
The leading manufacturer of architectural metal products, offering performance rated structural roof and siding wants you to work with them! This company affords the architectural community design flexibility and freedom of expression by allowing architects to design and specify roofing and framing systems for new construction and re-roofing applications. They blend traditional design with contemporary technology and tested values. The innovative thought that goes into the product design, customer service and consideration for the installer is what makes there roofs and walls protect not only buildings, but reputations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
This position exists to coordinate customer orders and build customer relationships to generate business.
- Receives purchase orders from customers and ensures all information is correct and matches quote provided by Outside Sales Representative; evaluate if order is backlogged or for cultist. Ensures all pertinent credit information is collected prior to order entry.
- Enter future orders are backlogged into SAP system to secure steel for standard and non-standard products following backlog guidelines. Enter purchase orders that include cut-lists into SAP in the appropriate production roll. Responsible for entering orders in truck load quantities, following customer sequence and bundling guidelines.
- Understands production schedule to assign correct ship dates for orders based on shipping distance, mode of transportation or will call.
- Issue order amendments to reflect changes made by customer or other departments; SPOC in managing the Order Amendment process to reflect changes made to customer orders by the customer, production, transportation or purchasing.
- Maintains project files for active orders and ensures all changes are documented and included in the file.
- Performs follow-up activities on will calls, order clarification, and other tasks as assigned, timely and consistently; documenting results, and follow-up actions; effectively coordinate/communicate with various internal departments to answer questions, provide clarification or make changes to orders. Facilitate claim resolution and recovery orders. Document complaint, enter complaint into the tracking system, investigate or take appropriate action to notify sales and management.
- Performs bi-weekly updates for backlogs; weekly updates for aged inventory reports.
- Has all order entry double checked by a peer and in turn helps double check peer’s order entry.
- Locates coil batches used on orders and provides Mill Test Reports to customers.
- Answers incoming calls and direct to others as necessary.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Works extended hours, outside of regular shift schedule, as required by operational needs.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Long term opportunity
- Full benefits package
- Great work environment ?
- Strong and organized leadership
- Structured training program
- Growth/promotion opportunities
- Competitive pay starting at $25+ (DOE)
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2 year’s customer service experience or equivalent industry experience
- ERP experience
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to work positively with cross-functional employees.
- Analytic Skills
- Dispute resolution / negotiation skills; ability to read specifications and drawings;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- In-depth understanding of phased projects, scope and i.e. timeframes
- Must be experienced in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Possess math skills, including the ability to work with fractions and decimals
- Project management skills
- Safety Orientation
- Self-starter; high achievement orientation
- Solid command of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong Data Entry
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong passion for providing excellent customer service
- Team player
If you’re interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please hit the apply now button and attach your resume so it sends it to Chet Cape at [email protected] . We want to secure your interview today – we’re looking to schedule interviews as soon as possible! Or just give me a call at (253) 284-2407!