We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Credit & Collections Specialist
5713 E Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver, Washington 98661
Local Manufacturing company looking to add a Credit & Collections Specialist to their team. The Credit and Collections Specialist will administer credit guidelines, monitor customer accounts for payments, and review accounts for qualifications. This role also monitors the accounts receivable balance to ensure timely payments are made. Compensation to $19.00/HR DOE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes and sets credit limits and practices, working closely with Credit Manager.
- Places collection calls on past due accounts to customers, documents results in the electronic customer file.
- Assists customers with billing questions and provides them with invoices and necessary documentation as needed to secure payment.
- Adds new shipping locations in SAP as requested by sales group or customer.
- Works with Customer Service Representatives and Sales Engineers to resolve past due accounts.
- Researches unauthorized deductions taken on customer payments.
- Reviews aging on daily basis, code payments from lock box daily.
- Launches collection activity via phone and email; notes results in SAP.
- Periodically access OnBase to research payments and disputes.
- Sets up new customer accounts in SAP.
- Reviews credit packet, including reports from outside agencies and trade references to determine eligibility for credit.
- Monthly credit review of credit portfolios; ensures customer is still qualified for terms.
- Advises sales staff of changes to terms or payment issues via email and phone; supports sales team on custom account management.
- Coordinates and educates sales staff and CSRs on sales tax related inquires.
- Follows all policies and procedures related to credit management.
- Responsible for closing accounts due to inactivity or default.
- Changes accounts from terms to Cash in Advance (CIA); Specialist will review and remove terms.
- Issues warning letters to past due customers.
- Reviews monthly statements for accuracy prior to mailing, mailing statements monthly.
- Processes small balance write off journal entry monthly.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- HS diploma with 5 Experience in Accounting, collections and/or credit functions, or AA degree with accounting background
- Familiarity which analyzing financial statements
- Ability to work well with other people, both externally and internally
- Intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally by phone and email
- Proficient with Outlook and SAP
- Accurate data-entry skills including 10-key
- Experience with SAP
Please email your resume to Tammy Watson at [email protected]