We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Construction QA QC - Renton
1133 Lake Washington Blvd N, Renton, WA Suite 90 Renton, Washington 98056-6458
This position is accountable for all aspects of Construction Quality. This includes responsibility for all related issues and the communication of Quality related matters, to ensure compliance with standards of expectations and contract specific documents. This position is the chief liaison to customers regarding quality issues.
• Developing the project Quality Plans including Design Quality Procedures and the Quality Systems, Quality Acceptance, and Quality Control Procedures (DQPs, QSPs, QAPs and QCPs).
• Ensuring compliance to project plans, specifications and the project QMP.
• Ensuring quality checklists or inspection forms are completed for each operation to verify that work items have been completed in conformance with project requirements.
• Maintaining a records system for all quality records.
• Maintaining the library of applicable codes and standards for the Project.
• Auditing suppliers, design consultants, and subcontracted laboratories.
• Monitoring testing and inspection procedures to ensure compliance,
• Ensuring all work, materials, products and components are inspected and tested as required.
• Issuing Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) and coordinating corrective action.
• Initiating corrective and preventive actions as appropriate.
• Scheduling inspections and testing.
• Dealing directly with project staff regarding quality of workmanship, results of tests and required corrective actions.
• Ensuring monitoring equipment and testing devices used in the Project are logged and calibrated.
• Stopping work in the event of detrimental poor workmanship or failure to follow the Quality Management Plan.
• Reviewing/assisting with work Plans to ensure that all quality elements are included.
• Promoting Quality Incentives and Initiative programs.
• Providing Quality orientation and/or indoctrination of staff on site, and promoting continuous improvement.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• 20 years construction management experience preferred
• Technical knowledge of materials and construction concepts
• Proficient with database operations and Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to properly manage and prioritize resources, people and projects
• Sound decision making ability with the experience to balance consensus against authority as appropriate
• Team player, with strong leadership skills, who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
• Excellent consultative and communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of management
• Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Training Skills