We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Construction Project Manager - South Seattle
12218 51st Pl S Tukwila, WA 98178
Specialty subcontractor doing abrasive blasting for over 18 years is seeking a project manager to join the small and friendly team. With a willingness to grow in the field of commercial, government/municipal, industrial and residential projects. This position will have office and field responsibilities to maintain accurate and up-to-date information and information on all projects. This will be achieved by maintaining constant communication with the owners crew leaders, office staff, customers and vendors.
- Oversee the construction project from start to finish performing a key role in project planning, budgeting and identification or resources needed.
- Ensure contract documents, estimates and other agreements are documents and signed by all parties involved
- Collect and distribute all requested documentation to the contractor such as COI' s, JHA' s, SSP' s, W-9' s, etc.
- Create all job specific safety plans and documents. train field staff and collect signed copies for filing
- Coordinate all project scheduling including staff, equipment, trucks, deliveries, rentals and materials.
- Create and track milestones, job delays, RFI' s, and project budget including job costing and WIP' s.
- Ensure field adherence to contract, plans and specs.
- Ability to negotiate with contractor or customer to resolve disputes.
- Ensure field adherence to contract, plans and specs. Create SOP' s for field team. Ensure team is using eSub to report back.
- Ensure daily reports are logged and react swiftly to any issues or change orders.
- Weekly progress reports and prep for final billings.
- Manage foreman and crew leaders to ensure adherence to project schedule, site safety requirements and scope.
- Maintain strict adherence to budget, quality and safety standards.
- Prepare and lead weekly and daily safety meetings as needed.
- Keep management up-to-date on project status, issues, staffing, etc.
- Identify potential gaps and conflicts in overall project schedule and specs. provide course corrections when needed.
- Attend job site meetings as requested. at least once per week for larger jobs. weekly for all jobs.
- Track consumables and equipment
- Prepare budget, job costing including time (payroll) involved.
The successful candidate:
- Understands, enjoys and is interested in construction practices, means and methods.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks and ability to plan ahead.
- Advanced written and verbal communication with professional yet personable demeanor.
- Leadership, responsiveness and accountability
- Able to maintain confidentiality, utilize judgement and work with minimal supervision.
- proactive self-starter
- Maintain our high standard of integrity, ethics and moral conduct.
- 5 plus years project and staff supervision experience in the construction industry required.
- Experience running multiple projects simultaneously
- Read and interpret drawing and specifications understanding the construction process
- Thorough understanding of MS Word, OneNote, MS Excel, MS Project and Bluebeam. we will train eSub, Asana, Quickbooks and other software as needed.
- Maintain a current, valid drivers license for WA state. Have and maintain a clean DMV record. Must possess personal automobile insurance. Ability to drove own vehicle when a company vehicle is not available.
- Ability to bass a background check and drug screen.