We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Construction Project Assistant - Salem, OR
2720 Sw Corbett Ave Portland, OR 97201
Construction Project Assistant – Salem, OR
Are you interested in joining a team that is innovative and excited by possibility, yet purposeful and grounded in a tradition of excellence? Do you ask big questions and analyze small details? Do you care about success and happiness? Then we want to talk to you!
The Construction Project Assistant collects, verifies and analyzes subcontractor information to help assess the capabilities and risk. Reviews Certificates of Insurance (COI) and contract requirements as well as endorsement wording. Assists Subcontract Specialist with the qualification process.
Schedule: M-F, 8-5pm
• Help process the subcontractor application.
• Follow up with applicants for missing and/or additional requirements for a complete package.
• Review documents and financial information.
• Enter data into spreadsheet and set approval limit
• Provide results to the estimating department
• Reviews, verifies and records whether insurance matches contract requirements
• Communicate with subcontractors and their insurance agents regarding insurance as needed
• Communicate with our insurance agent on issues or special circumstances
• Serves as part of the backup team to the Office Services Coordinator.
- At least 1 year accounting and/or insurance experience
- Construction industry experience preferred
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Must be able to respond accurately and timely to written and verbal instruction
- Provide supportive customer friendly service to subcontractors, suppliers and outside professionals
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment and take direction
- Experience with construction software preferred, but not required.