We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Construction Estimator - Salem, OR
2720 Sw Corbett Ave Portland, OR 97201
Are you interested in joining a team that is innovative and excited by possibility, yet purposeful and grounded in a tradition of excellence? Do you ask big questions and analyze small details? Do you care about success and happiness? Then we want to talk to you!
The Construction Estimator will prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements. The Construction Estimator ensures all information required has been obtained and produces a successful and reliable bid. The estimator works closely with the architect, subcontractors, marketing, and the project team to ensure bidding timelines are met.
- Exceptional conceptual estimating skills
- Ability to estimate divisions 1, 3 and 6 in detail
- Ability to estimate all divisions conceptually
- Working knowledge of MEP trades
- Experience in schools, commercial and multi-family
- Excellent computer skills, familiarity with Sage Precisions, On Screen Take off as well as scheduling software
- Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline
- Prepares subcontractor bid packages
- Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors
- Show creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors
- Consistently follows up on submitted bids and budgets with Architect and Project Managers
- Turns over bid documents and sub buyouts to the project team
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills