We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Construction Contract Administrator/Administration
12218 51st Pl S Tukwila, WA 98178
Specialty subcontractor doing abrasive blasting for over 18 years is seeking a Contracts Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant to join the small and friendly team in the field of commercial, government/municipal, industrial and residential projects.
This position is responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date information and information on all projects. This will be achieved by maintaining constant communication with the principal, staff, customers and vendors. There is never a dull moment so we need a motivated and effective team that can work together, enjoys wearing many hats and will learn quickly and grow with our burgeoning business!
- Review and analyze contracts from compliance, risk, and business perspectives and escalate issues as needed.
- Provide support in contract administration capacity to CFO/Account, Project Manager, and Estimators as needed.
- Review contracts for critical information such as performance dates, amounts, invoicing and payment terms, local sales tax, prevailing wage rates, and bonding requirements.
- Provide job related documents as necessary, typically COI' s, W-9' s, bonds and safety information.
- Project documentation closure.
- Contribute to the development of best practices related to contract review, acceptance and risk management.
- Submit pre-lien notices and track due dates for Liens.
- Review Owner Contract and Subcontract and prepare synopsis that includes safety requirements, preliminary information, payment requirements and anything additional for project team and accounting.
- Assists department staff with various contract related projects and handles all administrative aspects of contract processing.
- Updates; maintains, and ensures the accuracy of an internal contract information database
- Ensure all project files are in order before project start per company procedure.
- Ordering and tracking of bonds for public works projects
- Fill out, submit and track prequal documents
- Provide job related develop and maintain a highly organized filing system for correspondence and other records, create and maintain files; process documents to maintain updated files and records
- Ability to prioritize and agilely complete tasks in a shifting environment.
- Provide sound business judgement. Hold yourself and others to a high ethical standard while maintaining confidentiality.
- Create spreadsheets and presentations and analytical reports
- Ability to learn multiple web-based software systems
- Ensure personnel and new hire records are up to date at all times using Bamboo hr web-based software
- Keep OSHA 300 logs up to date and upload to various reporting systems.
- Create SOP’ s and training materials
- Coordinate with IT support on all office equipment
- General support to visiting clients and client calls
The successful candidate:
- Understands, enjoys and is interested in construction practices, means and methods.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks and ability to plan ahead.
- Advanced written and verbal communication with professional yet personable demeanor.
- Responsiveness and accountability
- Able to maintain confidentiality, utilize judgement and work with minimal supervision.
- proactive self-starter
- Maintain our high standard of integrity, ethics and moral conduct.
- 5 plus years project and staff supervision experience in the construction industry required.
- Experience running multiple projects simultaneously
- Read and interpret drawing and specifications understanding the construction process
- Thorough understanding of MS Word, OneNote, MS Excel, MS Project and Bluebeam. we will train eSub, Asana, Quickbooks and other software as needed.
- Maintain a current, valid drivers license for WA state. Have and maintain a clean DMV record. Must possess personal automobile insurance. Ability to drove own vehicle when a company vehicle is not available.
- Ability to bass a background check and drug screen.
MS Office, Quickbooks, Bamboo HR, eSub, Asana