We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Construction Assistant Superintendent
220 NW 2nd Ave Suite 900 Portland, OR 97209
Direct Hire - Immediate Need!
Full time Construction Assistant Superintendent
My client develops, acquires and operates high-quality apartment communities coast-to-coast. While they are a national company, they immerse themselves in their chosen markets, which allows them to have a deep understanding of where they operate. This understanding combined with over 30 years of expertise and a fresh innovative approach allows them to build relationships and real value for residents, investors and associates.
If you are a self starter and team player, with the following qualifications, we' d like to talk to you!
Safety- Working knowledge of OSHA requirements. Ability to recognize and correct hazards to maintain a safe
work environment. OSHA 10 preferred.
Schedule- Able to develop and coordinate detailed schedules within the project schedule, communicate schedules with subcontractors, monitor progress, and maintain progress to keep the work on track.
Understanding of Microsoft Project preferred.
Quality Control- Coordinate inspections with City of Portland, Special Inspections, and various Third Party Owner Consultants, as required. Review work as it is installed to prevent rework.
Subcontractor Relations- Must maintain develop and maintain good relationships with subcontractors to deliver a quality product, on time, and within budget.
Documentation- Full understanding of the RFI process. Assist in posting plan changes.
Assist in review of shop drawings. Recognize issues with drawings and work to remedy issues. Maintain consistent personal notes and Daily Logs.
Must have strong computer skills with, at a minimum, a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook) and proficiency in sending and responding to emails.
· Must have a minimum of 5-years of experience in multi-family, high-end common area finishes, site
finishes, and/or multi-story post-tension concrete construction.
· A strong preference for candidates with Type I (concrete) construction, including post-tension (PT) concrete construction experience.
· Knowledge of safety, scheduling, quality control, subcontractor relations, construction procedures,
building codes, documentation, and reporting.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Outlook. Competency in
Procore a plus
· Strong organizational, time-management, verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to meet deadlines and goals, and maintain confidentiality
· Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
Between $70K and $110K base salary, depending on experience, PLUS up to 20% annual bonus.
If this describes you, please email your resume to [email protected]