We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Construction Accounting Specialist - Renton
Renton, WA 98057
Immediate opening for an Accounts Payable specialist for our small, successful general construction company. Come to work where your positive attitude, motivation and integrity will be valued!
- Accounts Payable, invoice coding, authorization management, data entry, answering vendor inquiries and vendor statements.
- Accounts Receivable, billing, construction loan bank draws, incoming cash posting.
- General Ledger Entry
- Financial Statements
- Develop and maintain regular reports via the company' s accounting system.
This is a small office, so we work as a team to cover all areas of the office, these areas include:
- General offices duties which include tasks such as answering phones, get and process mail, receive packages, keep and maintain files, organize and keep the office operating in a professional and efficient manner.
- Maintain vendor directory in Sage Contractor 100; this includes obtaining insurance certificates, W9 and Contractor' s License.
- Supply vendors with Resell Certificates
- Lien Release Process and maintenance
- Manage marketing efforts
- Order and receive office supplies and ensure supplies are well stocked
- Filing: archive filing, A/P filing, project and general filing and file auditing
- Scan and copy documents as requested
- B.S. Accounting/Finance
- Prior work in a construction office is desired
- 2-3 years’ experience in accounting or accounts payable desk.
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure and time constraints
Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with accuracy in every aspect of the work
- Proven, solid Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Excellent in time management, organization, and multi-tasking
- Experience using Sage Contractor a plus
- Experience with Job Costing desired
Compensation DOE includes company paid medical, PTO and paid holidays