Chrome Line Plater
8400 Se 26Th Place Portland, OR 97202 US
Position- Production Plater
Location- SE Portland
Pay- $20 per hour to start
Who we are:
For 75 years customers have trusted us to make their parts last longer, look better, and function more successfully. With a broad array of processing capacities that include plating, powder coating, polishing and part marking, ESP is a “one stop shop” for finishing.
What you will do:
The Plater dips customer parts in and out of tanks to plate various metal finishes onto the surface of the part.
- Checks and maintains the pH and temperature of various plating tanks at multiple points during the shift
- Keeps tanks levels topped up to proper operating levels and the ensures that all plating equipment is clean and properly maintained
- Moves parts through various process steps according to work instructions and work order and adjusts as needed to ensure customer requirements are met
- Makes recommendations for improvements and may assist in designing and manufacturing racks, fixtures, and masking used in the plating process
- Tracks and records work order information in computer
- Follows safety guidelines, achieves and maintains quality and productivity standards, maintains an acceptable dependability level, and must not pose risk to self or others
- Ability to perform visual inspection on parts prior to plating to prevent potential quality issues
- Ability to perform visual and coating measurement thickness inspection on plated parts to ensure parts meet customer specifications
- Ability to lift racks with parts up to 45 lbs. in and out of tanks repeatedly throughout the shift
- Able to maintain endurance while standing and moving throughout your shift while carrying racks of parts
- Ability to work around various chemicals in an industrial setting
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English with a demonstrated ability to follow written and oral instructions, multi-task and work well with others
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment and receive direction from others
Pleaser respond with your resume or call 503-262-8700and ask for Christian, Jonny or Rory and we’ll set up a time to meet!
Meet Your Recruiter
Christian grew up in Chicago, and left in 2008 to continue a career in the printing industry. He started with Opti Staffing Group in 2012 as a Skilled Trades Recruiter. When he is not making connections with clients and candidates, he enjoys downhill skiing, fly fishing and old Volkswagens. He graduated from Northern Michigan University with a History degree. “What I love most about working at Opti Staffing Group is the impact that we have people. Whether it is helping someone improve their resume, or giving them some interview tips, it all helps build your community. Nothing is better than making the call to a candidate to offer his or her dream job. Seeing that person grow into a management role and becoming a client is extremely satisfying."