CPA / Enrolled Agent
471 West 36Th Avenue , Suite 202 Anchorage, AK 995035853 US
OPTI STAFFING GROUP IS HIRING
Opening: CPA/Enrolled Agent
City: Anchorage, AK
Pay: DOE ($60,000 - $85,000)
Are you an experienced CPA / Audit Associate / Enrolled Agent that want’s to get away from the large firms and work for a local, Alaskan company with deep roots in the community? If so, then this super unique opportunity is for you!
This company focuses on a LIVE. WORK. PLAY. CONCEPT. The Company only requires and extra 36 hours of time in the 8 weeks leading up to April 15th, otherwise there is no requirement to work overtime like a traditional CPA firm. This company does not do any internal or outsourced auditing. Some of the duties are as follows.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients' taxes to a minimum.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid, using adding machines or personal computers, and complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables.
- Furnish taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures.
- Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Calculate form preparation fees according to return complexity and processing time required.
- Answer questions and provide future tax planning to clients.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- BA in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience Tax Accounting
- Experience with CPA firms is preferred
- Auditing skills
- Working experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work closely and, communicate professionally with peers and clients
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
8am-5pm (in office schedule)
Flexible schedule (option to pick days according to personal schedule)
Paid Holidays and admin tax holidays for salaried staff
IRA with 3% match once qualified
3 weeks PTO
Salary DOE ($60,000 - $85,000)
Just hit the “Apply” button above and you’re half-way home! Or, send your resume to [email protected] or call 907-222-7004 and we’ll set up a time to meet!
Opti Staffing is the recruiting partner for some of the country’s leading companies—offering hiring solutions you can’t find anywhere else.
We have employment agencies in Seattle, Tacoma, Portland, Anchorage, Lake Oswego, and Vancouver filling the most sought-after job vacancies with the most qualified candidates.
Our recruiters will take the time to get to know you, understand what you’re looking for in a job and then present job opportunities that are a good fit for your skills and experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
Hi! I am a lifelong Alaskan of 31 years and enjoy spending time with my little family of three. Like most Alaskan’s we like spending time outside going for walks, camping, or just spending a warm day at the lake. Working with Opti for the past almost 7 years has been amazing. I started my career with Opti as an Executive Recruiter specializing in permanent staffing at mid, upper, and executive levels. I loved that I had such an impact on candidates' lives and the Anchorage community. Since then, I have moved into a leadership role and can say it is equally rewarding. I still get to work with candidates and companies in the area, but I also get to teach and develop new recruiters to do the same thing. The Anchorage team is like a second family for me, and (though I may be a bit biased) I can say I have never seen a more dedicated and hard-working team.